Ritchie Mines Wildlife Management Area
|Ritchie Mines Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Wild turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) may be found at the Ritchie Mines WMA
|Elevation||790 ft (240.8 m) |
|Area||2,300 acres (930.8 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Smithville, West Virginia|
To access the WMA from the south, follow Route 47 west 8 miles from Smithville to Macfarlan Creek Road. Follow Macfarlan Creek Road north to the WMA.
Hunting and Fishing
Although camping is not allowed at the WMA, camping is available at nearby North Bend State Park. A historically significant asphalt mine is located on the WVA. Fishing is also available at North Bend.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Ritchie Mines WMA, retrieved December 31, 2008
- "Ritchie Mines WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved December 31, 2008.
- West Virginia DNR District 6 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations