River Ridge Mall
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties|
|No. of stores and services||83|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||423,132 square feet (39,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
River Ridge Mall is an enclosed shopping mall in Lynchburg, Virginia. Opened in 1980, the mall features J. C. Penney, Macy's, and Belk as its anchor stores. It is managed by CBL & Associates Properties.
River Ridge Mall opened in 1980 with J. C. Penney, Leggett (now Belk), Miller & Rhoads, Sears, and Thalhimers. Miller & Rhoads closed and became Montgomery Ward in 1990, which closed in 1997 and became Value City in 1999. In 1992, the Thalhimer's store was converted to Hecht's, which in turn became Macy's in 2006. CBL & Associates Properties acquired the mall from Faison in 2003.
Value City closed in 2008 and was demolished for a new movie theater. As a result, the existing theater complex became a Planet Fitness. Jo-Ann Fabrics opened at the mall in November 2012, followed by TJ Maxx in April 2013. Also in 2013, the Sears store closed. It was purchased by Liberty University, who plans to convert it to a civic center.
- "Mall information". CBL & Associates Properties. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "Summer opening by Ward stores likely". Roanoke Times. 23 February 1990. p. A9. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "What's ahead for Hecht's". Roanoke Times. 5 January 1992. pp. E–1. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "No title". Chain Store Age 79 (7-13). 2003.
- "River Ridge Mall getting new movie theater". WSLS. 16 May 2008. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Davison, Craig (2 January 2012). "Gym at River Ridge mall hopes to appeal to general public". WSLS. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Kennedy, Eleanor (12 April 2013). "TJ Maxx opens in River Ridge Mall". Work It Lynchburg. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "UPDATE: Liberty University buys Sears at River Ridge Mall, hopes to use property as civic center". WDBJ. 24 October 2012. Retrieved 16 May 2013.