River Valley Metro
|Slogan||"The Public Service Leader for Today and Tomorrow"|
|Routes||Bus: 11 total routes|
|Operator||River Valley Metro Mass Transit District|
The River Valley Metro, also known as the "METRO" is a mass transit system that serves part of Kankakee County in the state of Illinois. Founded in 1998 and operational by 1999 the River Valley Metro mass transit district took over the Kankakee Area Transit System (KATS) and became a means of transportation in the region. The Metro has 11 total routes and three transfer centers which serve the communities of Bradley, Bourbonnais, Kankakee, Aroma Park and Manteno. The Metro has also received many awards including, Metro Magazine's "Fastest Growing Transit System" in North America for 2001 and "Success in Enhancing Ridership Award" from the Federal Transit Administration in 2008.
Route list 
- 1 Meadowview
- 2 Bradley
- 3 Northfield Square Mall
- 4 Eastgate
- 5 Aroma Park
- 6 Kankakee Community College
- 7 West Kankakee
- 8 Medical Center
- 9 Manteno
- 10 Bourbonais-Briar Cliff
- 11 Bourbonais-Heritage Plaza
- University Park Commuter Service
- "River Valley METRO". River Valley Metro Mass Transit District. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Small Agencies, Big Ideas". Mass Transit Magazine. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Awards". River Valley Metro Mass Transit District. Retrieved 2009-03-22.[dead link]
- http://www.rivervalleymetro.com/?page_id=80 University Park Commuter Service