River Works (MBTA station)
|Address||1000 Western Avenue
Lynn, MA, 01910
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||September 9, 1965|
|Formerly||G.E. Works (until ca. 1980)|
|Passengers (2009 daily)||140|
River Works is a passenger rail station on MBTA Commuter Rail's Newburyport/Rockport Line. The station is for General Electric Aviation employees only who work at the River Works plant. Trains only stop at River Works on weekdays. It is served by inbound trains in the morning and outbound trains in the evening for commuting plant workers, as well as trains in the opposite directions for reverse commuting workers. The station, known as G.E. Works until the late 1970s, saw service starting in 1965 but did not appear on maps until the MBTA bought the northside commuter lines in 1976, and not on public timetables until January 1989.
- Belcher, Jonathan (31 December 2011). "Changes to Transit Service in the MBTA district" (PDF). NETransit. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Ridership and Service Statistics". Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "River Works". Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Newburyport/Rockport Line". Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- Van Bokkelen, James B. (2011). "Eastern Route Main Line - on-line features". Retrieved 22 January 2012.
|This Massachusetts train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|