Rivera International Airport
|Pres. Gral. Óscar D. Gestido International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional Pres. Gral. Óscar D. Gestido
|IATA: RVY – ICAO: SURV|
|Elevation AMSL||217 m / 712 ft|
|Metric tonnes of cargo|
|Sources: Great Circle Mapper|
Pres. Gral. Óscar D. Gestido International Airport (IATA: RVY, ICAO: SURV), formerly called Cerro Chapeau International Airport, is the airport serving Rivera, Uruguay and also Santana do Livramento, Brazil. It is named after Óscar Diego Gestido (1901-1967), President of Uruguay in 1967.
The airport was opened on June 16, 1979.
Airlines and destinations
|BQB Líneas Aéreas||Montevideo, Buenos Aires-Aeroparque, Florianópolis|
The airport is located 12 km (7 mi) from downtown Rivera and 13 km (8 mi) from downtown Santana do Livramento.
- Airport information for SURV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SURV at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SURV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for RVY at Aviation Safety Network
- Rivera International Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net