Mount Mantalingajan as seen from Ransang, Rizal
Map of Palawan with Rizal highlighted
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|Congr. district||2nd district|
|Founded||April 14, 1983|
|• Mayor||Nicolas T. Montano Sr.|
|• Total||1,256.47 km2 (485.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 (88/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Prior to its formation as a separate municipality, the place was known as Tarumpitao Point and was part of the Municipality of Quezon. By virtue of National Law No. 386, it was formed as a municipality on April 14, 1983, called Marcos. It was renamed after José Rizal in 1987 through Republic Act No. 6652.
- Campong Ulay
- Punta Baja
|Population census of Rizal|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Province: PALAWAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Municipal Profile". Municipality of Jose P. Rizal. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Province of Palawan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Kalayaan / South China Sea||Quezon|
|South China Sea||Brooke's Point|
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|