||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|Birth name||R.C|
|Associated acts||Garry Sandhu & Gippy Grewal & H-Dhami & Sukshinder Shinda & Aman Hayer & Jassi Sidhu & Harjit Harman & Dr. Zeus|
Born in 1983 in the Saharan city of Sabha, Libya , Roach Killa migrated with his family to Canada at a very young age. At 12, he developed an interest in urban music and particularly reggae, inspiring him to incorporate Reggae into his music.
||This section contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (July 2012)|
Roach Killa started his career in 1993 after he decided to work with Local Toronto producer Earl Ferns and released an EP titled ROACHSTAFARIAN which went on to sell over 10,000 units across North America gaining Roach a massive fanbase. He pursued his career with later releases of mixtapes. In 2004 Roach Killa came over to the UK; and met up with Rishi Rich and they collaborated on a track called. After the song released he began to feature in many singles including "Overdose", "Bomp", "Jadoo" and many others.
In 2009, he released his own album titled Revolution with its first single "Yaara Dildaara", which hit No.1 on BBC Asian Network charts, making history as the first rap No. 1 on the charts. He went on to release more singles like "Hey Gal" feat Apache Indian, "Ghora" feat Blitz, "Hathyar" feat Gippy Grewal and "Killin DEM". In 2010, his collaboration with newcomer Garry Sandhu turned out to be a milestone for Garry Sandhu as well as a success for Roach Killa with their single "Dil De De".
Roach Killa's tracks include "Romantic Jatt" featuring Miss Pooja, "Heartbeat" featuring Geeta Zaildar, "Huthiyar" featuring Gippy Grewal, "Kuri Mere Haan Di", "Ferrari Laike", "Mere Yaar" and once again with Garry Sandhu, in "Din Raat".
He has toured Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, and has an international fan following. His songs have received airtime on commercial radio stations across Europe, and his single "Yaara Dildaara" reached the number one ranking on the BBC Asian Network Music Chart in October 2009. The song "Talkin", was released by EMI/Virgin UK on the Dancehall Selecta CD, alongside artists including Sean Paul, Beenie Man, and Elephant Man. Roach Killa also collaborated with Jamaican reggae musician Spragga Benz and British multi-platinum selling artist Apache Indian on his debut album, Revolution, which was released in summer 2008. Since the release of "Revolution", Roach Killa has created a massive buzz with such a unique style where the biggest names in the industry have requested to collaborate on tracks which were all smash hits.
He worked on a second album, releasing his first single "Oh Girl" from the album. The song released on February 9, 2012, and hit the No. 1 charts on iTunes. It was also No.1 on BritAsia TV Charts, and was No.2 on Buzz Asia Charts on BBC Asian Network. On YouTube, the music video broke records as it hit 300,000 hits a month after its upload.
However, on the release date, Roach Killa announced on his social Facebook page and also on the Moviebox YouTube channel, that the song was signed to a major film production. The song was to be used in a Bollywood film, and as the project begins to film, the song will be released worldwide. Hence no other information to the song has been provided by Moviebox.
On September 5,2012 his official second track from the album, "Hey Luv" was premiered on BBC Asian Network on The Bobby Friction Show, whilst the song is expected to release worldwide on iTunes on September 6, 2012.
In 2014, he hit No 1 again on the BBC Asian Network chart with "Lethal Combination", a collaboration with Bilal Saeed.
- 2009: Revolution
- 2004: "Talkin" (feat Rishi Rich)
- 2005: "Overdose"
- 2005: "Bomp"
- 2006: "Roach Killa Mixtape"
- 2007: "Jadoo"
- 2008: "Jai Ho Remix"
- 2009: "Yaara Dildaara"
- 2010: "Hey Gal" (feat Apache Indian)
- 2010: "Ghora"
- 2010: "Killin DEM"
- 2010: "Revolution"
- 2012: "Oh Girl" (Music By DJ Surinder Rattan)
- 2012: "Hey Luv" (produced by Vee)
- 2012: "Ra Ra (Run Dis City)"
- 2013: "Heart Broken (feat Garry Sandhu & Music By Vee)"
- 2014: "Baby Girl" Ft Big Moe/Emi Music
Collaborations with other artists
- "Akh Largye (Shin DCS feat Roach Killa)2006 (Album: The Lick 2)
- "Juliet or Heer" (Blitz feat Roach Killa)2007 (Album: Ghora)
- "Akh Largi (H-dhami feat Roach Killa)2008 (Album: Sadke Jawa)
- "Romantic Jatt (Miss Pooja feat Roach killa)2009 (Album: Romantic Jatt)
- "Hey Gal" (Roach Killa feat. Apache Indian) 2010
- "Good Luck Charm" (K.S. Makhan feat. Roach Killa)2010 (Album: Good Luck Charm)
- "Dil De De" (Garry Sandhu feat. Roach Killa) 2010 (Album: Dil De De)
- "Heart Beat"(Geeta Zaildar feat. Roach Killa) 2011 (Album: Close 2 Me)
- "Hathiyar" (Gippy Grewal feat. Roach Killa)2011 (Album:Desi Rockstar)
- "Kuri Mere Haan Di (Benny Dhaliwal feat Roach killa)2011 (Album: Va Vai Va)
- "Dimand" (Mangi Mahal Feat Roach Killa)2011 (Album: Dimand)
- "Din Raat" (Garry Sandhu feat. Roach Killa)2011 (Album: Din Raat)
- "Ferrari Laike (Miss Pooja feat Roach killa)2012 (Album: Breathless)
- "Mere Yaar (Raja Baath feat. Roach Killa)2012 (Album: Anakhi Youngsters)
- "Lethal Combination (Bilal Saeed feat. Roach Killa) 2014
- "Dream Girl (Aman Sandhu ft Roach Killa) Oct 23 2014