Rob Adams (actor)
|Born||Robert Lee Adams II
February 27, 1970
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, acting coach|
|Spouse(s)||Amy Adams (1996–present)|
Adams was born in St. Louis, Missouri to actor/radio personality R. J. Adams and documentary producer Diane C. Adams. After finishing college Adams briefly coached football before following in his father's footsteps as an actor/film acting coach. In 1992, Adams took it upon himself to terminate a disruptive teacher and at the same time dismissed several students from the program. As a result he was made a full partner in the ownership of The Actors Workshop.
While growing up in Mission Viejo, California, Adams played Quarterback for the Jr. All- American Cowboys until he entered his freshman year at Mission Viejo High School, playing QB for the Diablos until graduating in 1988. His role as Quarterback continued with both the Saddleback Gauchos and Cal State Hayward Pioneers. During his tenure at the workshop, Adams served as the J.V. Head Football Coach with his Alma Mater, Mission Viejo Diablos before moving on to Varsity QB coach and Offensive Coordinator with the Mustangs of Trabuco Hills High School. In 2002, Adams gave up his football duties to devote himself as a full-time acting coach and Film/TV acting career.
During the past twenty years Adams has appeared appeared in dozens of Film and Television roles including appearances on General Hospital, Days of our Lives, Silk Stalkings, The Lone Gunman, Snowday and Forrest Gump. Currently in production, "Abeo Pharisee" and "The Studio Club" which Adams stars as CSI Investigator Brenton Troy.
Film acting coach
In 1997, Rob Adams became director of The Actors Workshop founded in 1978. It was under the direction of Rob that The Actors Workshop opened its North Hollywood studio in 2000. Rob has trained several successful actors which include, Warren G, Tiffany, Sarah Lancaster and Randy Josselyn. The Actors Workshop is currently ranked as one of the top 3 Acting School in California.
Rob is married to Amy Adams. The couple has three children.
- "South coast league". Los Angeles Times. 1987-09-87. Archived from the original on 2009-12-15. Check date values in:
- "HSU Wins Conference Title". The Times-Standard. 1990-10-28.
- "Pioneers Run Over, Through S.F. State". The Daily Review. 1990-10-21.
- Gary Lycan (2011-07-31). Register.com/entertainment.htm "R.J. Adams left Bob Shannon behind". Orange County Register.
- Gary Lycan (2012-10-18). Register.com/entertainment.htm "The Studio Club". Orange County Register.
- "The Cold, Cold Reading". Drama-Logue. 1990/4/16-22. Check date values in:
- "10 Best Acting Schools in California". Mademan Madel. 2010/10/1-31. Check date values in: