||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
Rob Curley (born January 10, 1971) is the former President and Executive Editor of Greenspun Interactive, the new-media division of the Las Vegas Sun and Greenspun Media Group. Curley has been distinguished for his work in hyperlocal convergence journalism. He left the Sun in May 2012 to pursue other interests.
Naples Daily News
Prior to joining the Las Vegas Sun in June 2008, Curley was the Vice President of Product Development for Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive for two years. Curley was brought on to the WPNI staff on October 2, 2006.
Prior to moving to the Washington Post, Rob Curley was the Director of New Media/Convergence of the Naples Daily News between 2005 and 2006.
With his team of Eric Moritz (programmer), Levi Chronister (site manager), and Kori Rumore (designer), they redesigned the award-winning Bonitanews.com. Under Curley's leadership and the hard work of Ellyn Angelotti (online sports editor), Bonitanews.com picked up a NAA Digital Edge award for "Most Innovative Multimedia Storytelling" in February, 2006 for its high school sports coverage.
The Naples Daily News ' main site, Naplesnews.com, was relaunched in January, 2006 with much of the same team, Eric Moritz (programmer), Levi Chronister (site manager), and Todd Soligo (designer). Under Curley's leadership, Naplesnews.com received an Editor & Publisher Eppy Award for "Best Internet News Service (fewer than one million unique visitors per month) in 2006".
- Hirschman, David (July 1, 2009). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, ROB CURLEY, PRESIDENT/EXECUTIVE EDITOR, GREENSPUN INTERACTIVE?". Mediabistro. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Ducq, Alice (2006). "Converged-Media Visionary Rob Curley Joins Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive" (PRESS RELEASE). Washingtonpost. Newsweek Interactive. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- "Nominated for three Digital Edge awards in the Newspaper Association of America contest, BonitaNews.com brings home the gold" (PRESS RELEASE). Naples Daily News. 2006. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "naplesnews.com Awards and Honors" (PRESS RELEASE). Naples Daily News. 2006. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- RobCurley.com – Personal website, resume, and blog.
- Rob Curley audio Keynote to the Integrated Media Association.
- Rob Curley video presentation of his work for Naples Daily News.
- Frontline Interview with Rob Curley.
- NY Times article on The World Company and Rob Curley's work there.
- NPR Story on The World Company and Rob Curley's work there.