|Full name||Robert James Dazo Gier|
|Date of birth||6 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Ascot, England|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|Current club||Ascot United|
|2004–2006||Rushden & Diamonds||67||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 January 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Robert James Dazo "Rob" Gier (born 6 January 1981) is an English–Filipino footballer who plays mainly as a centre back for Ascot United and the Philippines national team where he is also the vice-captain.
Gier began his career at Wimbledon, who had been relegated from the Premiership in 1999–2000 season. He made his debut the following season, starting a 0–0 home draw with Sheffield United on 28 October 2000.
In 2004 he joined Rushden & Diamonds, and was part of the side that was relegated from the Football League in 2005–06. He left the club following their relegation, and had spells in the Conference with Cambridge United, and Woking during the 2006–07 season.
He joined Aldershot Town at the start of the 2007–08 season, and was part of the side that won the Conference with a record points total. He made 38 league appearances for the club, all starts, but despite this was released at the end of the campaign.
On 22 May 2008, Grays Athletic announced they had signed Gier on a one-year contract, however, he was transfer listed by the club in January 2009, with financial pressures and manager Wayne Burnett's plans being cited as the reason.
Gier was called up to the Philippines national team in March 2009, for the 2010 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers in April, where they were due to face, Turkmenistan, Bhutan and the Maldives. He made his international debut in 2010 AFC Challenge Cup qualification match against Bhutan on 14 April 2009 and also played against Maldives and Turkmenistan.
- Aldershot Town
- "Rushden snap up trio". BBC Sport. 24 May 2004. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Cambridge to sign defender Hooper". BBC Sport. 18 January 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Aldershot boss recruits quartet". BBC Sport. 7 August 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Aldershot bid farewell to quartet". BBC Sport. 30 April 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2008.
- "Grays Athletic add three to squad". BBC Sport. 22 May 2008. Retrieved 1 June 2008.
- "Grays place four on transfer list". BBC Sport. 12 January 2009. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Gier coup for Ascot". Non-League Daily. 20 November 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2009.
- "Gier, Beloya, Greatwich lead new UFL faces". InterAKTV. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Robert James Gier Player Profile". azkalsfootballteam.com. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Tupas, Cedelf P. (12 September 2012). "Azkals yield to Laotians in ill-tempered 'friendly'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. inquirer.net. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Decena, Karl (12 September 2012). "FIFA: Azkals loss to Laos invalid". interaksyon.com. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Robert Gier career stats at Soccerbase
- Rob Gier at National-Football-Teams.com
- Rob Gier – FIFA competition record