|Father Rob Keighron|
Keighron co-hosting The Catholic Guy in 2012
|Born||Robert E. Keighron
December 3, 1980
Ozone Park, Queens, New York, United States
|Residence||Howard Beach, Queens|
|Education||Bachelor of Sacred Theology|
|Alma mater||Pontifical North American College
St. John's University
|Occupation||Roman Catholic priest, radio broadcaster|
|Known for||The Catholic Guy co-host/co-producer|
Father Robert E. "Rob" Keighron (born December 3, 1980) is a Roman Catholic priest in the Diocese of Brooklyn. He is best known from his appearances on The Catholic Guy with Lino Rulli, a radio show airing on Sirius XM Radio, from 2008–2014.
Keighron was born in Queens, New York and graduated from Archbishop Molloy High School in 1998. Keighron then attended St. John's University in New York, where he graduated with a degree in philosophy in 2002. Keighron attended the Pontifical North American College where he graduated with a Bachelor of Sacred Theology degree. Keighron was then installed as parochial vicar of St. Helen Roman Catholic Church in Howard Beach, Queens. He also served as president of St. Helen Roman Catholic School. In November 2012, he took up residence at the rectory of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Astoria, Queens in order to devote himself full-time to The Catholic Guy.
Keighron's radio career began in 2003 while attending the Pontifical North American College where he was a regular contributor to Mike and the Mad Dog, a New York City-based sports radio show hosted by Chris Russo. He was known as "Rob From The Vatican" and discussed sports predictions. Following his ordination, he remained in Rome and frequently celebrated Mass on Vatican Radio. Keighron went on to host a weekly sports television series that aired on the Diocese of Brooklyn's New Evangelization Television just prior to his full venture into Catholic radio.
In August 2008, Keighron's broadcasting talent was recognized on an international platform when he appeared as a guest on The Catholic Guy with Lino Rulli for a segment focusing on priests from various parts of the country. Following the appearance, Keighron became a frequent guest on the show with in-studio appearances each week. He was chosen to co-host alongside Rulli, as well as co-producer, in September 2011.
On October 10, 2013 Keighron announced his departure as co-host of The Catholic Guy; his final full-time show was October 25. He indicated that he loved doing the show, and plans for future show appearances during his discernment.
On June 19, 2014 Keighron made his final appearance on the show, announcing he will be leaving active ministry in the priesthood. Three days following the announcement, he returned to New Evangelization Television as a guest host on In The Arena.
- Keighron, Robert. "My Vocation Story". Vocation News (Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn). Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Parish Staff". St. Helen Roman Catholic Church. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- St. Helen R.C. School Staff. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- "Fr. Robert Keighron will be leaving St. Helen at the end of October to take up residence at St. Joseph's Rectory in Astoria, Queens.". St. Helen Roman Catholic Church bulletin - October 14, 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "The Catholic Guy" Podcast: Father Rob's First Appearance. Retrieved 9 July 2012
- "The Catholic Guy" Podcast: The Best of Italy 2011 PART 2. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "The Catholic Guy" Podcast: Fr. Rob Television, Mass Changes, & Lady Gaga?!. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Congratulations, Good Luck and Many Blessings, Father Rob!". St. Helen Roman Catholic Church bulletin - August 14, 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- Catholic Guy Podcast #147: The Decision. (And Fr Rob cries...). Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- TCGS Podcast #175: In NYC with Lino's mom, Pope's health, and Fr Rob's bye!. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "In The Arena: Abuse & Recovery". New Evangelization Television. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rob Keighron.|