|Member of Parliament
for Wolverhampton South West
7 June 2001 – April 2010
|Preceded by||Jenny Jones|
|Succeeded by||Paul Uppal|
8 April 1955 |
|Alma mater||University of British Columbia|
The son of Dr. Charles Marris and Margaret Marris JP, he was born in Wolverhampton and partially educated in the state system at Warstones Primary School, before attending Birchfield Preparatory School and St. Edward's School in Oxford. He then moved to Canada and spent some time as a lumberjack, before gaining first class honours in History and Sociology from the University of British Columbia. After 9 years in Canada he returned to Wolverhampton, and qualified as solicitor working for Thompsons, the specialist trade union solicitors, until he was elected to Parliament.
In July 2008, Marris received the coveted "Backbencher of the Year" award  Marris has spoken in a "well above average" number of parliamentary debates and has a "well above average" voting record.
He is Honorary President of the Wolves on Wheels Cycle Campaign.
- "Rob Marris MP Wolverhampton South West". Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- Edwards, Richard (4 June 2008). "Labour MP Rob Marris cautioned for damaging van". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- http://www.birminghampost.net/comment/birmingham-columnists/more-columnists/2008/06/20/jon-walker-backbencher-of-year-marris-really-has-mind-of-his-own-65233-21124193/ Backbencher of the year Marris really has a mind of his own.
- "MPs' expenses: The saints (Part ii)". The Daily Telegraph (London). 18 May 2009. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- Guardian Unlimited Politics - Ask Aristotle: Rob Marris MP
- TheyWorkForYou.com - Rob Marris MP
- Wolves on Wheels Cycle Campaign
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Wolverhampton South West