|No. 6 Calgary Stampeders|
|Date of birth:||March 12, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Brampton, Ontario|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Turner Fenton|
|CFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 5|
Career highlights and awards
|CFL West All-Star:||2012|
Rob Maver (born March 12, 1986) is a professional Canadian football Punter for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. He was drafted fifth overall by the Stampeders in the 2010 CFL Draft, after being highly ranked by the CFL's Amateur Scouting Bureau. He played Canadian Interuniversity Sport football for the Guelph Gryphons. He played high school football for Turner Fenton Trojans.
University of Guelph
Maver attended University of Guelph where he played university football for the Guelph Gryphons as the team's placekicker and punter from 2006-2009. He earned OUA All-star honours for both positions for the 2009 season. Maver also played in the 2009 CIS East-West game and finished in eighth place on the CIS all-time field goals list with 54.
After an outstanding university career, Maver was the only placekicker invited to the CFL Evaluation Camp (Grant Shaw was invited as a defensive back). Maver was the sixth ranked player in the Canadian Football League’s Amateur Scouting Bureau rankings for players eligible in the 2010 CFL Draft. With their kickers departing their teams after the 2009 CFL season, the Calgary Stampeders, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, and Toronto Argonauts were said to be looking for a replacement kicker, possibly found in the draft. As such, the Calgary Stampeders had to use their early draft pick to select Maver fifth overall before the other two teams could do so.
- "Maver an all-star". The Brampton Guardian (Brampton ON). 5 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "National records chase update (#4)". Canadian Interuniversity Sport. 2009-10-01. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- http://www.cfl.ca/page/ecamp-scouting-bureau_april_2010 E-Camp Scouting Bureau April 2010
- http://www.cfl.ca/article/guelph-k-maver-goes-to-calgary-at-5 Guelph K Maver goes to Calgary at #5
- http://www.cfl.ca/article/stamps-2010-first-round-pick-maver Stamps sign 2010 first round pick Maver