No. 86, 87
|Date of birth:April 9, 1986|
|Place of birth: Dallas, Texas|
|College: Utah State|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Washington Redskins|
|Last played in 2011 for the Washington Redskins|
Career NFL statistics
Myers played college football at Utah State. He was redshirted his first year and played in eight games his freshman year on special teams. Myers had a groin injury during the preseason of his sophomore year, but managed to come back to made 10 catches for 125 yards. He was named the John Mackey tight end of the Week on November 21, 2007 after catching four passes for 117 yards and two touchdowns. He also had a career-long 37-yard pass reception. In his junior year, he played in all 12 games with four starts, and had 21 receptions for 320 yards, which ranked second on the team in both yards and receptions. He also led all tight ends nationally with a 15.2 yards per catch average. Myers was named to the All-Western Athletic Conference team in the preseason of his senior year, but suffered a turf toe injury that required surgery that caused him to miss the entire year.
In his career, he made 31 catches for 445 yards and three touchdowns.
New York Jets
Due to injuries to backups Cornelius Ingram and Matt Schobel, Myers was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles on August 8, 2009. He was waived on September 5, 2009. He was re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 6. He was released from the practice squad on September 24.
New England Patriots
Myers was signed to the practice squad of the New England Patriots on November 3, 2009. After spending the entire season on the practice squad, he was re-signed to a future contract on January 12, 2010. He was waived on September 3.
Myers was signed to the Buffalo Bills' practice squad on September 13, 2010. He was released on October 1.
Myers was signed to the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad on October 27, 2010. He was re-signed to the team's active roster following the season, but was placed on injured reserve after suffering an injury during training camp. He was waived with an injury settlement on August 24, 2011.
The Washington Redskins signed Myers to the team's practice squad on November 17, 2011, and he was released on December 18. He was re-signed to the practice squad the following day on December 19 and promoted to the active roster on December 20. Myers had his NFL debut in Week 17 against the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Redskins waived Myers on May 14, 2012.
- "Jets sign 17 players, including Canada's Westerman". The Canadian Press (TSN). May 1, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-08.
- Williams, Andre. "Another ACL injury for Eagles". Retrieved 2009-09-08.
- McLane, Jeff (September 7, 2009). "Eagles Notes: Amendola lands on Eagles' practice squad". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2009-09-08.[dead link]
- Wilson, Aaron (October 27, 2010). "Colts sign Rob Myers to practice squad". nationalfootballpost.com. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- Jones, Mike (December 20, 2011). "Redskins add DE Doug Worthington, TE Rob Myers to roster, cut TE Dominique Byrd". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/free-agent-running-back-tim-hightower-re-signs-with-washington-redskins/2012/05/14/gIQAD6tBPU_story.html. Missing or empty