Robert F. Waldrop (born December 1, 1971) is a former American college and professional gridiron football player who was a defensive tackle in the National Football League (NFL) and Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football for the University of Arizona Wildcats, where he was a two-time consensus All-American. He played professionally for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs, and the Memphis Mad Dogs and Toronto Argonauts of the CFL. He is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame.
Early years 
Waldrop was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended Horizon High School in Scottsdale, Arizona, where he played for the Horizon Huskies high school football team.
College career 
While attending the University of Arizona, Waldrop played for the Arizona Wildcats football team from 1990 to 1993. He was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American in 1992 and 1993. He was also the recipient of the Outland Trophy as the best interior lineman in the country, the Nagurski Award as the best defensive player, and United Press International's Lineman of the Year award. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2011.
Professional career 
The Kansas City Chiefs selected Waldrop in the fifth round of the 1994 NFL Draft, and he played for the Chiefs in three regular season games in 1994. He played for the CFL's Memphis Mad Dogs in 1995, and for the CFL's Toronto Argonauts in 1996 and 1997. He gained his greatest recognition with the Argos, when he was a member of their back-to-back Grey Cup championship teams in 1996 and 1997, and was selected as a CFL All-Star in both years.
- ^ National Football League, Historical Players, Rob Waldrop. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- ^ databaseFootball.com, Players, Rob Waldrop. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- ^ College Football Hall of Fame, Rob Waldrop. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- ^ Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1994 National Football League Draft. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
- ^ Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Rob Waldrop. Retrieved February 11, 2012.