||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
Robb Walsh is the food critic of Houstonia Magazine, which was founded in 2012; former commentator on National Public Radio’s Weekend Edition, Sunday; former restaurant critic at the Houston Press (2000 until 2010); former editor in chief of Chile Pepper Magazine (1999 to 2000); former food columnist for Natural History magazine, three time winner of the James Beard Award.
In July 2010, along with other veterans of the Southern Foodways Alliance, Walsh co-founded a non-profit organization called Foodways Texas to preserve and promote Texas food culture. Foodways Texas is headquartered in Austin and affiliated with the University of Texas at Austin.
- Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook (Chronicle, June 2002).
- The Tex-Mex Cookbook (Broadway 2004).
- Sex, Death & Oysters (Counterpoint Press 2009).
- Texas Eats (Ten Speed 2010)
- The Hot Sauce Cookbook (Ten Speed 2012)
- Barbecue Crossroads (University of Texas Press 2012).
- Best Food Writing 2001 through 2009
- Cornbread Nation
- Best Southern Food Writing volumes I, II, & IV (from the Southern Foodways Alliance).
- Rufca, Sarah (May 7, 2011), "Houston at the James Beard Awards: Robb Walsh wins a third food Oscar, Bryan Caswell waits", CultureMap Houston.