|Power forward / Center|
29 March 1980 |
Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||Queen Anne (Dunfermline, Scotland)
Lafayette (Wildwood, Missouri)
|NBA draft||2002 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32nd overall|
|Selected by the Memphis Grizzlies|
|Pro playing career||2012–present|
Robert Michael Archibald Jr. (born 29 March 1980) is a Scottish former professional basketball player. A 6'11" power forward-center from the University of Illinois, he was selected by the NBA club the Memphis Grizzlies with the third pick of the second round (32nd overall) of the 2002 NBA Draft.
After drafting him in the second round, Memphis Grizzlies has signed Archibald to a 2-years contract. After one season with the team, in which he played only 12 games, Archibald got traded alongside Brevin Knight and Cezary Trybański to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for Bo Outlaw and Jake Tsakalidis.
On December 26, 2003, Robert got traded again, this time to the Orlando Magic. A week later he got traded, for the third time that season, to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Mengke Bateer and Remon van de Hare. He played 30 games with the Raptors.
He holds NBA career averages of 1.2 points and 1.6 rebounds per game.
Great Britain national team
He has represented the Scottish national basketball team at junior level. He joined Great Britain national team as it formed in 2007. He represented Great Britain in Eurobasket 2011 and at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Archibald graduated from Lafayette High School in 1998, the same class as MLB player Ryan Howard. Archibald's father Bobbie was a player for Murray BC at Scotland and was capped many times for Scotland and Great Britain national teams
- "NBA Draft Board". nba.com. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- Unicaja adds size with Robert Archibald.
- CAI adds size with Robert Archibald
- Robert Archibald will retire after London 2012
- Scot's pair Make GB Euro Basket Cut
- NBA Player Profile @ NBA.com
- Euroleague.net Profile
- Career statistics and player information from Basketball-Reference.com
- ACB Profile (Spanish)
- Herald, Archibald on familiar territory for key game
- Scotland on Sunday, Archibald seeks new heights