Robert Atwan (born November 2, 1940, Paterson, New Jersey) is an essayist and editor of several anthologies of literature. He attended Seton Hall University and Rutgers University.
He compiles The Best American Essays as part of Houghton-Mifflin's Best American series.
- 1997-98 Fulbright Lecturer
- A Dream of Summer: Poems for the Sensuous Season
- A Mind of Winter: Poems for a Snowy Season Introduction by: Donald Hall Beacon Press, 2002, ISBN 978-0-8070-6858-8
- The Heart of Autumn: Poems for the Season of Reflection Introduction by: Rosanna Warren
- The Language of Spring: Poems for the Season of Renewal
- Joyce Carol Oates, Robert Atwan, ed. (2001). The Best American Essays of the Century. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. ISBN 978-0-618-15587-3.