Robert Bickersteth (bishop)
Robert Bickersteth was born into an ecclesiastical family and educated at Queens' College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1845, his first post was as a Curate to his father. After a further curacy in Reading he became Rector of St John’s, Clapham and then of St Giles in the Fields. Between 1854 and 1857 he was a Canon at Salisbury Cathedral when he was elevated to the Episcopate as the Bishop of Ripon, a post he held until his death.
- The Times 16 April 1884; p.6; Issue 31109; col E Death of the Bishop of Ripon
- His father was the Rev John Bickersteth sometime Rector of Sapcote and his brother a future Dean of Lichfield Times Obituary (Ibid)
- "Bickersteth, Robert (BKRT837R)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- A vision of Britain
- "Library and Archive Catalogue". Royal Society. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- Catalogue of the papers of the Bickersteth family, 1815-1976
|Church of England titles|
Charles Thomas Longley
|Bishop of Ripon
1857 – 1884
William Boyd Carpenter
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|