Robert Bruce (author)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2014)|
|Known for||Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences
Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development
Robert Bruce (born 1955) is an English-born mystic author living in Australia. Bruce is best known for his studies of out of body experience, which first became public in the early 1990s through his activity in the alt.out-of-body Internet news group. Over time, he collected and peer-tested his findings in an evolving set of articles, A Treatise on Astral Projection, which he later expanded upon substantially to form his first book, Astral Dynamics, which has sold over 50, 000 copies as of 2008.
Research and theories
Energy Body Development
Whilst prototyping a visualisation-free method of out of body experience for blind people, Bruce discovered a form of mental focus on parts of the body called tactile imaging, which is based on the sense of touch. This method was released in the mid-1990s in Bruce's tutorial New Energy Ways, or NEW for short. Robert claims that these sensations are caused by pre-movement neuron charging and discharging, and that this also stimulates the human energy body. This finding is in accordance with the claims of Eckhart Tolle and the Taoist teachings of Mantak Chia.
Bruce largely avoids traditional Eastern terms for aspects of the human energy body, considering them a significant barrier to Western understanding and acceptance. Bruce believes that many Eastern 'visualisation' practices were not designed to be visual at all, with this interpretation being received by the West solely due to translation issues. By this reasoning, Western visualisations are largely misguided and ineffectual, whereas through explicitly working directly with visceral sensations, NEW is not. This direct nature gives NEW several of the qualities of a biofeedback system, most notably instant gauging of stimulative success. This additional intuitiveness over visualisation is claimed to allow noticeable results in a matter of minutes. Tolle taught a method of focusing on physical body awareness as a way of connecting with The Now, that is similar to Bruce's Tactile Imaging methods, but Tolle does not offer a system of energy work per se.
Through exploratory manipulation of energy with NEW, Bruce has mapped out energy centres on the human body beyond the familiar spinal chakras. In his terminology, Taoist dantians are termed "energy storage centers", and Vedic chakras are examples of "energy centers".
The Mind Split Effect
A key concept in Bruce's theory of projection is the Mind Split Effect. In contrast to the traditional view that projection leaves the physical body empty of consciousness, Bruce's interpretation is that physical consciousness remains in-situ, but is subject to a duplication process. According to this theory, after duplication the multiple versions of a projector's consciousness operate largely independently, building up separate but simultaneous memory traces that compete when they recombine (cf. Schroedinger's cat), confusing later recollections.
Bruce presents metaphysical workshops internationally and gives lectures where he instructs in methods to raise chi, shen, and ching energies for spiritual development, self healing, and Astral Projection. Bruce also teaches techniques for projection into the Astral Planes and the Real Time Zone, and has co-hosted a course on this subject with Maureen Caudill at The Monroe Institute.
He also provides consulting services on the Internet, including assistance to parents dealing with night terrors in children, online training workshops for energy work and astral projection, and assistance to people with spiritual problems through his website and forums.
Bruce has written about his techniques in the book Astral Dynamics (with introduction by Dr. C. E. Lindgren) and co-authored Mastering Astral Projection with Brian Mercer. His 2002 book Practical Psychic Self Defense details methods of protecting against psychic and spiritual attacks by "negs" (a term coined by Robert Bruce to describe a variety of "negative energy entities").
Bruce is currently working on a treatise on the "Uraeus Effect" associated with Kundalini, to be published in a series of books on human energy work and spiritual practices, called, Foundations of Energy Work and Energy Work Practices and Energy Work Ascension. The first of these books, Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development, has been released by Hampton Roads Publishing Company in June 2007.
He is also developing a brand new series of online video programs, to be released over the next 3 years. Forthcoming titles, include, Astral Projection Mastery, The Energy Body: Kundalini And The Chakras, Exorcism: Defense Against The Dark Arts, Clairvoyance: Opening Your Third Eye, and Love. These will be co-authored by Timothy Donaghue.
- 1999 – Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences ISBN 1-57174-143-7
- 2002 – Practical Psychic Self-Defense: Understanding and Surviving Unseen Influences ISBN 1-57174-221-2
- 2004 – Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide To Out-of-body Experience ISBN 0-7387-0467-9
- 2007 – Mastering Astral Projection: CD Companion
- 2007 – Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development ISBN 1-57174-540-8
- 2009 – Astral Dynamics: The Complete Book of Out-of-Body Experiences ISBN 1-57174-616-1
- 2011 – The Practical Psychic Self Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide ISBN 1-57174-639-0
- 2011 – Evolution: What You Need To Know About How To Be Successful With Spirituality
Online Video Series
- Winter 2011 – Manifestation And Healing
- Summer 2011 – Astral Projection Mastery
- Autumn 2011 – The Energy Body: Kundalini And The Chakras
- Winter 2012 – Exorcism: Defense Against The Dark Arts
- Spring 2012 – Clairvoyance: Opening Your Third Eye
- Autumn 2012 – Magick: Evoking Your Reality
- Winter 2013 – Genius: Meeting Your Higher Self
- Out-of-body experience
- Astral projection
- Lucid Dreaming
- Robert Monroe
- Franz Bardon
- Barbara Brennan
- Eckhart Tolle
- Robert Bruce. "Treatise on Astral Projection".
- Robert Bruce. "Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development". ISBNdb entry. Retrieved 6 January 2009.
- Paul Bloch; Tom Huston (February–April 2008). "Out of Body. Be Back Soon.". EnlightenNext (39). Archived from the original on March 10, 3013. Check date values in:
- Robert Bruce. "Astral Dynamics: How to Travel Out-of-Body". Hampton Roads Publishing Company. Retrieved 7 January 2009.
- "Awaken Healing Energy Through Tao", 1983, Mantak Chia, ISBN 978-0-943358-07-9
- Bruce, Robert (1999) Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences ISBN 1-57174-143-7, p.25
- "Interview on "The Music of Your Mind: Living the Extraordinary"". 7 June 2007.
- Robert Bruce, Astral Dynamics, chapters 3 and 22
- The Reality of Psychic Perception, Bill Walker at the Wayback Machine (archived August 12, 2013)
- "Review of Astral Dynamics". Journal of Conscientiology (International Institute of Projectiology and Conscientiology) 2 (6). October 1999.
- Robert Bruce. "Practical Psychic Self-Defense". Hampton Roads Publishing Company. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
- Robert Bruce's Free Book Giveaway
- Robert Bruce's Free Video Blog
- Robert Bruce's Astra Dynamics on astral projection, out of body experiences, and NEW energy work