|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2013)|
February 18, 1983 [|
|Occupation||American photographer and cinematographer|
Robert Caplin (born 1983, United States) is an American photographer and cinematographer. Since 2005, Caplin has photographed over 800 assignments for The New York Times and has contributed to and has been published by hundreds of local, national, and international newspapers and magazines including National Geographic, Los Angeles Times, Sports Illustrated, ESPN The Magazine, USA Today, The Sunday Times, Newsweek, Time, Us Weekly, and Vanity Fair. In 2010 Caplin spent six months on the road with and documented the international pop singer Justin Bieber and along with HarperCollins, put together Bieber's illustrated biography consisting of Bieber's words and Caplin's photos. The biography, Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever: My Story spent 14 weeks on The New York Times Best Seller list and has sold over 1 million copies in 25 languages. Caplin's video documentation of Bieber on tour was released as part of Paramount Pictures' movie Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.
He assignments range from celebrity portraiture, news, travel, documentary, corporate, advertising, food, and events.
Caplin grew up in Athens, Ohio where he also attended Ohio University's School of Visual Communication majoring in Photojournalism in 2005. He currently lives in Manhattan.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2012)|
- Macdonald, Kerri (2010-08-18). "Turning Point: Robert Caplin". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- Gross, Matt (2009-10-21). "Q&A With the Travel Photographer Robert Caplin". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- Quinn, Katie (2010-03-01). "Profile of a Food Photographer: Robert Caplin". SeriousEats. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Robert Caplin". PhotoShelter. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Turning Point: Member Spotlight: Robert Caplin". ALTPIC. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Robert Caplin: The Photo Brigade". Retrieved 2012-03-17.
- "Photographer profile: Robert Caplin". Ask The Photographer. 2008-11-06. Retrieved 2012-03-17.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Robert Caplin: IMDB". IMDB. Retrieved 2012-03-17.