Robert Cornthwaite (footballer)
Cornthwaite playing for Adelaide United in 2009
|Full name||Robert Richard Cornthwaite|
|Date of birth||24 October 1985|
|Place of birth||Blackburn, England|
|Height||1.99 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back / Right Back|
|2004||Enfield City Falcons||19||(1)|
|2005||White City Woodville||3||(2)|
|2006||→ Adelaide Olympic (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:32, 9 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Cornthwaite signed for United for the inaugural A-League season and spent the majority of his first two seasons starting on the bench. In the 2007–08 he started all of his 19 league appearances; he scored the opening goal in just the third minute against Pohang Steelers in Adelaide United's opening game of the 2008 Asian Champion League.
As of half time of Adelaide United's away game against J League 5 time champions Kashima Antlers in the quarter finals of the 2008 AFC Champions League, Robert scored an accidental own goal to put Kashima level with Adelaide 1–1 after a spectacular goal from Adelaide captain Travis Dodd which came after a cross from vice-captain Lucas Pantelis in the 38th minute. The match being the first leg of the 2 teams Quarter finals match dated on Wednesday 17 September in Japan. He redeemed himself though in the second leg where he scored the winner in the 73rd minute with the game locked at 0–0. Adelaide went on to win 2–1 on aggregate and advance to the semi-finals.
|1.||14 November 2012||Hwaseong Stadium, Hwaseong, South Korea||South Korea||
|2.||9 December 2012||Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong, Hong Kong||Chinese Taipei||
||2013 EAFF East Asian Cup|
|3.||6 February 2013||Estadio Municipal de Marbella, Marbella, Spain||Romania||
(Correct as of 22 March 2010)
1 – includes A-League final series statistics
2 – includes FIFA Club World Cup statistics; AFC Champions League statistics are included in season commencing after group stages (i.e. 2008 ACL in 2008–09 A-League season etc.)
With Adelaide United:
- Parry, Martin (13 March 2008). "Australia, China, Japan all winners". Fox Sports. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- Earle, Richard (24 September 2008). "Adelaide United beat Kashima Antlers". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Adelaide in search of Boxing day Glory". Adelaide United FC. 24 December 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Reds take glory in tough Boxing Day clash". Adelaide United FC. 27 December 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2008.
- "Cornthwaite signs new Adelaide deal". Ontheminute.com, 30 October 2009. Retrieved 30 October 2009.