Robert Dean (ufologist)
|Robert O. Dean|
|Born||March 2, 1929|
Dean retired from the U.S. Army as a Command Sergeant Major after a 28 year career. He has appeared on radio programs, TV documentaries and at conferences discussing the subject of UFOs and a government cover up of alien visitations to Earth. Dean claims to have viewed a classified government document called "The Assessment" that allegedly discussed threats posed by alien activity on Earth, and concluded that no such threats existed. Dean says he considers himself a professional UFO researcher and had "cosmic top secret" clearance while in the military. In 1992 while employed as emergency services coordinator for Pima County, Arizona, Dean sued his employer for discrimination, saying he was treated unfairly because of his belief in UFOs, and because of his age, reportedly settling for $100,000.
He was one of the first people to be interviewed as to his opinion of the "alien interview" footage of 1996, released in 1997 as Area 51: The Alien Interview.
- Greatest Story Never Told (video), Margana Anagram Production, 1997 (author/host)
- UFO - Cosmic Top Secret (video), Visual Corporation Ltd, 1996, ASIN: B000057YNB (presenter)
- The UFO Anthology CD-ROM, Dreamland Interactive, 1998, ISBN 978-0-9669651-0-0 (host)
- Secrets from the Underground - Hybrid 101 Vol 6: Military Coverup & Hybrids, Alien Secrets, 2007, ASIN: B000TRILM8 (DVD interview with Robert O. Dean)
- New York Times "For U.F.O. Fans, Question Is Not 'If?' but 'How Was the Trip?'", November 21, 1993
- Denzler, Brenda (2003) "The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of UFOs", University of California Press, ISBN 0-520-23905-9
- (AP) (Mar 18, 1992). "UFO 'expert' settles lawsuit with sheriff". The Prescott Courier. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- “Beyond Zebra” at the Wayback Machine (archived December 12, 2007)
- Tucson Weekly feature from 1995
- Bob Dean at Project Camelot Reviews
- Report by Dr Gregory Pedlow, SHAPE historian (PDF)