Robert Ellis (academic)
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2013)|
Robert Ellis was educated at Regent's Park College, Oxford and received his DPhil from the University of Oxford in 1984. He is an ordained minister in the Baptist Union of Great Britain and has served congregations in Milton Keynes and Bristol. He is currently Fellow and Tutor in Pastoral Theology and Mission at Regent's Park College, Oxford and Director of Pastoral Studies for the Mansfield-Regent's Park Ministerial Training Team. He is also Moderator of the Baptist Union of Great Britain Ministry Executive.
He delivered the McCandless Lecture at Georgetown College in 2005 and again in 2010.
Robert Ellis is the younger brother of Christopher Ellis.
- Robert Ellis, Answering God: Towards a Theology of Intercession (Bletchley: Paternoster, 2005)
Chapters in books
- Robert Ellis, 'Covenant and Creation', in Anthony Clarke, ed., Bound for Glory? God, Church and World in Covenant (Oxford: Whitley Publications, 2002), pp. 20-33
- Robert Ellis, 'Movies and Meaning: An Introduction to Reading Films' and 'Pondering Providence: Sliding Doors', in Anthony Clarke and Paul S. Fiddes, eds, Flickering Images: Theology and Film in Dialogue (Oxford: Regent's Park College; Macon, Georgia: Smyth & Helwys, 2005), pp. 7-24 and 137-148
Articles in journals
- Robert Ellis, 'From Hegel to Whitehead', The Journal of Religion 61:4 (October 1981), 403-21
- Robert Ellis, 'How Relative Should Theology Be?', Baptist Quarterly 29.5, (January 1982), 220-224
- Robert Ellis, 'Geoffrey Studdert Kennedy: The Pastor and the suffering God', Transformation 22 (2005)
- Robert Ellis, 'And the Life Everlasting: A Theological Reflection on Death and Dying', Transformation 24 (2007)
- Robert Ellis, Can God Act in History? A Whiteheadian Perspective (University of Oxford DPhil thesis 1984)
- Robert Ellis, Teaching Theology in the Academy: 'Preparing Men and Women for Ministry' (University of Oxford Postgraduate Diploma in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education thesis 2004)
||Principal of Regent's Park College, Oxford
- The Georgetonian 6 April 2005
- Oxford University Theology Faculty
- British Baptist Theologians: Robert Ellis