10 July 1938 |
Robert Fields (born 10 July 1938) is an actor who has appeared frequently on film and television.
A life member of The Actors Studio, Fields is perhaps best known for his role as Susannah York’s dance partner Joel Girard in the 1969 film They Shoot Horses, Don't They?. He also appeared in The Blob, The Incident, Looking for Mr Goodbar and The Stepford Wives (1975).
Early life and education
One of his final performances to date was as Jay Smiley in The Souler Opposite (1998).
On June 26, 1983, Fields married Betty-Jane Robbins, a marketing director for trade books at Harcourt Brace Jovanovich in San Diego, at the at the Fairview Country Club in Greenwich, Connecticut. Their wedding was performed by Rabbi H. Leonard Poller.
- The Blob (1958)
- Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster (1965) (uncredited)
- The Incident (1967)
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Cover Me Babe (1970)
- The Sporting Club (1971)
- Rhinoceros (1974)
- The Stepford Wives (1975)
- Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977)
- Star 80 (1983)
- Anna (1987)
- Getting Away with Murder (1996)
- American Strays (1996)
- Charades (1998)
- Garfield, David (1980). "Appendix: Life Members of The Actors Studio as of January 1980". A Player's Place: The Story of The Actors Studio. New York: MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc. p. 278. ISBN 0-02-542650-8.
- "Robert Fields, Actor, Marries Miss Robbins". The New York Times. 27 June 1983.
- Munden, Kenneth White (1997). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States, Part 2. University of California Press. ISBN 9780520209701.
- Guerin, Ann; Richman, Alan (4 April 1988). "Even Stretching It, Oscar Nominee Sally Kirkland Is No Girl Next Door". People. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Monush, Barry; Willis, John (2000). Screen World 1999. Hal Leonard Corporation. ISBN 9781557834119.
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|