Bobby Grant (footballer)
Grant taking a corner for Shrewsbury Town in 2014
|Full name||Robert Grant|
|Date of birth||1 July 1990|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
(on loan from Blackpool)
|2010–2011||→ Rochdale (loan)||6||(2)|
|2012||→ Accrington Stanley (loan)||8||(3)|
|2014||→ Fleetwood Town (loan)||1||(0)|
|2014–||→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)||8||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:26, 21 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Liverpool, Merseyside, Grant came through Accrington Stanley's youth system and made his first team on 5 May 2007 in the League Two clash with Milton Keynes Dons at the National Hockey Stadium which ended in 3–1 defeat for Stanley. In that game, at the age of 16 years 309 days, he became the second youngest player to appear in The Football League for Stanley and the youngest since February 1959. At the beginning of the 2007–08 season he suffered a knee injury which kept him out until January 2008, soon after he signed professional terms. His first goal for Stanley came in a 1–0 home win against Chesterfield on 25 April 2009.
Grant was one of five men arrested alongside Steven Gerrard after an alleged assault on Lounge Inn DJ and businessman Mark McGee during a fracas inside the Southport night club in December 2008. Gerrard and two others were charged with assault, while Grant was released on bail without charge.
In the summer of 2012 Grant signed a two-year deal at Rochdale for an undisclosed fee and rejoined John Coleman who was his manager while he was at Accrington Stanley. On 17 June 2013 Grant had a transfer request accepted by Rochdale after a successful season at Spotland in which he scored 16 goals from 28 appearances.
Fleetwood Town (loan)
Shrewsbury Town (loan)
Having not featured for his parent club since December 2013, Grant signed on an initial one month loan with Shrewsbury Town in League Two on 9 October 2014, linking up with former Blackpool team-mates James Caton and Mark Halstead. He made his debut a week later, playing an hour as Shrewsbury picked up their first away win of the season against York City. His loan was later extended until January 2015, and he scored his first goal for the club in a 2-0 home win over Mansfield Town on 15 November.
- As of 21 December 2014
|Club||Season||League[A]||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[B]||Total|
|Rochdale (loan)||2010–11||League One||6||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||2|
|Accrington Stanley (loan)||2011–12||League Two||8||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||8||3|
|Fleetwood Town (loan)||2013–14||League Two||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Shrewsbury Town (loan)||2014–15||League Two||8||1||3||0||1||0||0||0||12||1|
- A. ^ The "League" column constitutes appearances and goals (including those as a substitute) in the Football League.
- B. ^ The "Other" column constitutes appearances and goals (including those as a substitute) in the Football League Trophy.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. p. 174. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- Accrington 1–0 Chesterfield
- "Stanley Player Bailed", Accrington Observer, 31 December 2008
- "Cliff Byrne heads Scunthorpe United departures". BBC. 10 May 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Statement: Bobby Grant
- "Rochdale's Grant joins Blackpool". BBC Sport. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-07-18.
- "Bobby joins Cod Army". Fleetwood Town FC. 28 February 2014.
- "Bobbby Grant: Shrewsbury Town sign Blackpool striker on loan". BBC Sport. 9 October 2014. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "York City 0-1 Shrewsbury Town". BBC Sport. 18 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Shrewsbury Town: Jack Grimmer and Bobby Grant extend loan deals". BBC Sport. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- "Shrewsbury Town 2-0 Mansfield Town". BBC Sport. 15 November 2014. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- "Bobby Grant career statistics". Soccerbase. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobby Grant.|