Robert Griffiths (politician)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|Robert Griffiths (politician)|
|Robert Griffiths on 2010|
|General Secretary of the Communist Party of Britain|
1 January 1998
|Preceded by||Mike Hicks|
1952 (age 60–61)
|Political party||Communist Party|
|Plaid Cymru (1974-78)
Communist Party of Great Britain (until 1988)
Griffiths was a speaker at the first Communist University in Wales, and he speaks regularly at national Communist Party events. He has also taken part in debates at the Oxford Union, Cambridge Union Society and Manchester Debating Union.
- Griffiths, Robert; Miles, Gareth (1979). Socialism for the Welsh People [Sosialaeth i'r Cymry]. Cardiff: Y Faner Goch. ASIN B0018TWNI4. OCLC 656712405.
- Was Gramsci a Eurocommunist?. Cardiff Marxist Forum. 1985.
- Britain Needs Public Ownership. Morning Star. 2012.
- Granite and Honey. Manifesto Press. 2012. p. 256. ISBN 978-1-907464-09-6.
- Which Road for China?. 2011. ISBN 978-1-908315-07-6.
He has also contributed articles to the Morning Star.
He comes from the city of Cardiff and was a Communist Party candidate in the 2001 general election standing for the Newport East constituency and winning 173 votes (0.6%). He was a candidate in the Pontypridd constituency for the 2005 general election obtaining 233 votes (0.6%). Labour held Pontypridd with 52.8% of the vote. Griffiths stood for the CPB in the Cardiff South and Penarth seat during the 2010 UK election and came bottom of the poll with 196 votes (0.4 per cent). The seat was held by Labour's Alun Michael (17,262 votes—38.9 per cent of the vote).
|1994||South Wales Central||CPB||1,073||0.6||Not elected; single member constituency|
|2009||Wales||No2EU||8,600||1.3||Not elected; multi-member constituency|
UK Parliament elections
|2010||Cardiff South and Penarth||CPB||196||0.4|
|2012||Cardiff South and Penarth||CPB||213||1.1|
Welsh Assembly elections
|1999||South Wales Central||CPB||653||0.3||Not elected|
|2003||South Wales Central||CPB||577||0.3||Not elected|
|2007||South Wales Central||CPB||917||0.4||Not elected|
|2011||South Wales Central||CPB||516||0.2||Not elected|
- "Rob Griffiths". YourNextMP. 2010.
- "The Political Situation in Britain". New Worker. New Communist Party of Britain. April 1988. Archived from the original on 13 February 2013.
- Clement, Barrie (22 February 1988). "'Star' strike marks Marx anniversary". the Independent. Archived from the original on 4 November 2012.
- "For a people's MP". Election Leaflets. Cardiff. 17 April 2010.
- Dominic, MacAskill. "the Communist Party Election Site". Welsh Communist Party. Archived from the original on 20 November 2008.
- "Cambridge Union debate". Cambridge Communists. 9 October 2012.
- Taylor, Millia (11 October 2013). "Never take financial advice from someone who has less money than you.". the Tab Manchester. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013.
- "Communists to context Cardiff South and Penarth by-election". Welsh Communist Party. 23 July 2012. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012.
|General Secretary of the Communist Party of Britain
1998 - present