Bob Harris (footballer)
|Full name||Robert Harris|
|Date of birth||28 August 1987|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2007–2011||Queen of the South||106||(10)|
|2012||→ Rotherham United (loan)||5||(1)|
|2014||→ Sheffield United (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:19, 19 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Robert "Bob" Harris (born 28 August 1987) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a left back for Sheffield United. Born in Glasgow, Harris started his career at Clyde before making over 100 first team appearances for Queen of the South, playing in the 2008 Scottish Cup Final during his time there. From the Queens he moved to England to play for Blackpool in 2011 before transferring to Sheffield United in 2014. Whilst at Blackpool, Harris spent time on loan at Rotherham United and a brief loan at Sheffield United before his deal was made permanent.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2012)|
Harris began his career with Clyde, but moved to Rangers for a year, before returning to the Bully Wee's youth setup.
Harris signed professional terms for Clyde at the start of the 2004–05 season, and made his senior debut on the last day of the campaign, playing the full ninety minutes in a 1–1 draw against Ross County. Harris played more games the following season, including Clyde's 5–2 after extra-time encounter with Rangers, in the Scottish League Cup. Harris won the penalty which gave Clyde the lead.
Queen of the South
In the 2008 Scottish Cup Final it was a Harris free kick that was headed home by Jim Thomson to make the score 2–2. Rangers ran out 3–2 winners. He scored his first goal in the 2008–09 season with a free kick away to FC Nordsjælland in the UEFA Cup second qualification round. This made him the only Queens player to score in the away leg of a UEFA competition.
Harris said of his time in Dumfries "I've got to say I really enjoyed those four years at Queen of the South. It was a very special time in the club's history. I particularly enjoyed the 2008 Scottish Cup Final, then playing in the UEFA Cup in Denmark and even scoring in Copenhagen was a bonus."
After his contract with Queen of the South expired, Harris had a trial with English Championship side Blackpool. After being involved in Blackpool's pre-season fixtures, Harris signed a two-year deal with the option for a further twelve months.  Harris' competitive debut for the Seasiders came in the League Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on 11 August 2011. Unable to claim a regular place in Blackpool's first team however, Harris did not make his league debut for the Seasiders until April 2012.
Harris joined Rotherham United on a one-month loan deal in September 2012, and said he would be open to extending the deal. However, Rotherham were unable to extend the deal as he was called back by parent club Blackpool after playing five games for the Millers.
With first team opportunities remaining limited at Blackpool, Harris was loaned to Sheffield United in January 2014, with Blades defender Tony McMahon travelling in the opposite direction on a similar deal. After making his Blades debut on 26 January 2014, in an FA Cup tie against Fulham, Harris signed a permanent deal for Sheffield United, with McMahon agreeing to remain with Blackpool on a permanent basis with the option of another year. Harris's contract with United was extended on 16 May 2014.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 6. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Queen of the South 1–1 Dunfermline". The Daily Record. 17 March 2007. Retrieved 26 April 2008.
- "Congratulations FC Nordsjælland". Queen of the South F.C. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Club History". Queen of the South F.C. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Match reaction". Queen Of The South F.C. 22 August 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Bob moves to Blackpool". Queen of the South F.C. 21 July 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Blackpool hand trial to ‘new Crainey’". Blackpool Gazette. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "MATCH TEXT: BLACKPOOL 0 RANGERS 2". Blackpool F.C. 19 July 2011. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Blackpool sign left-back Bob Harris on a two-year deal". BBC Sport. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday 0–0 Blackpool (4–2 penalties)". BBC Sport. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Harris returns to Blackpool". Rotherham United F.C. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Harris arrives as McMahon departs". Sheffield United F.C. 24 January 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Bob Harris joins Sheffield United". BBC Sport. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Miller time over at Blades". Sky Sports News. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Robert Harris career stats at Soccerbase
- Robert Harris profile at Sheffield United F.C.
- Robert Harris profile at Blackpool F.C.