Robert K. Brown
Lieutenant Colonel Robert K. Brown (born November 2, 1932 in Monroe, Michigan) is a combat correspondent, investigative journalist, and founder/editor/publisher of Soldier of Fortune magazine (SOF), a pro-gun, pro-military magazine which reports on various armed confrontations around the world, as well as on new weapons and other military technology. Brown is also president of Omega Group Ltd, which is the parent group of SOF.
Born in Monroe, Michigan, he graduated from Colorado University. On September 22, 1999, Las Vegas, Nevada Mayor Oscar Goodman issued a proclamation declaring that day to be "Soldier of Fortune Day" and "Lt. Col. Robert K. Brown Day" in honor of Soldier of Fortune magazine, its 20th annual convention in Las Vegas, and its founder and publisher."
In 2011, Brown supported the campaign for Steve Schreiner for the National Rifle Association Board of directors. Schreiner was not endorsed by the NRA's Nominating Committee.
Brown's qualifications in the area of military journalism/history include his former role as special agent of the Counter Intelligence Corps.
Other accomplishments or activities include:
- Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve, (Ret.)
- SOG Team Leader, or "One-Zero" (Vietnam)
- OIC Advanced Marksmanship Unit XVIII Corps
- Graduate Command and General Staff College
- Military Parachutist (wings from U.S., El Salvador, Guatemala, Israel, Peru, Taiwan, Thailand)
- Smuggled from Afghanistan 5,000 rounds 5.45mm Com Bloc ammunition to U.S. Government (first test sample of AK-74 ammunition in U.S.)
- Director/member of National Rifle Association Executive Committee for two years, past member of Public Affairs and Finance Committees.
- Currently member of Legislative Policy, Grassroots Development, Publications Policies, Action Shooting and Range Development Committees of the National Rifle Association
- Member of the Council for National Policy (CNP)
- "A brief biography of Robert K. Brown, listing some of his involvements around the world". Mercenary Wars. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- "Robert K. Brown". www.nrawinningteam.com. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "City of Las Vegas declares Wednesday Soldier of Fortune Day and Lt. Col. Robert K. Brown Day". Business Wire. 1999.
- "Robert K. Brown | Meet the NRA Leadership". NRA. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|