Khoo at PAX 2006
|Born||~ December 1980
|Other names||"Khoo" "Khoolio"|
|Occupation||President of Business Development|
Robert Khoo is the "President of Operations and Business Development" of Penny Arcade, but is also referenced as the "Business Manager" for the company and the Show Director for PAX, the largest consumer gaming show in the United States. Khoo is also quoted as being the "Managing Director" for Child's Play, the largest gamer-charity in the world.
In 2002 Khoo offered Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade a business plan and two months of work for free, with no strings attached. He has since helped build the Penny Arcade empire and was featured as being one of the 40 most powerful individuals in the game industry.
Khoo has appeared in several Penny Arcade strips, namely "Crimson Lies", "Les Moments Awkwards", "Uncomfort", "Revolting Even To Contemplate","Couch Diplomacy", "DM 101", "Purgatory", "The S Word" and "Engaging The Social Web". He is occasionally referenced in the news posts as being very good at math, ping-pong, Soul Calibur II, Puzzle Quest and Lumines.
Interviews & Articles
- In-depth alumni profile at Foster School of Business at U. of Washington
- Gamespot Interview before PAX 2006
- Seattle Times Story on Penny Arcade
- Rocky Mountain News Story on Penny Arcade
- PAX 2006 Preview, Seattle PI
- Robert Khoo on The Weekly Geek podcast
- Robert Khoo on Kotaku Power 40
- Ask me anything on Reddit
- IN-GAME Interview on MSNBC