Robert Lesser or Bobby Lesser (born October 22, 1942) is an American actor born in New York City and now living in Santa Barbara, California. His earliest work dates back to 1967 with "David Holzman's Diary", directed by Jim McBride. His latest movies include the Japanese film "Best Wishes for Tomorrow" and post-production "Painting in the Rain". Lesser has worked with Bruce Willis, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Matthew Broderick, Dennis Quaid, Penelope Ann Miller, and Richard Mulligan. He is well known in the Santa Barbara theater community.
In 2011, The Hollywood Reporter published an open letter Lesser to the Internet Movie Database after they repeatedly refused to correct his birthdate, which they had listed as May 28, 1938. They have since corrected the date.
- The New York Shakespeare Festival's Richard the Third, on Broadway
- The Soft Touch directed by Alan Arkin
- Rubbers and Yanks 3 Detroit 0 Top of the Seventh, American Place Theatre by Alan Arkin.
- Performances at the Yale Repertory's Winterfest
- Geography of a Horse Dreamer, by Sam Shepard - The Manhattan Theatre Club.
- Steven Berkoff's: Kvetch, and God's Country[disambiguation needed], Odyssey Theatre, Los Angeles.
- To Gillian, by Michael Pressman (West Coast Premier).
- Santa Barbara area:
- Rubicon Theatre: My Antonia, In All Honesty
- Center Stage Theatre: The Goat or Who is Sylvia, by Edward Albee and Krapp's Last Tape by Samuel Beckett.
- Ensemble Theatre Company: The Fourth Wall[disambiguation needed], Communicating Doors, The Last Night of Ballyhoo, The Weir, An Inspector Calls, and The Cripple of Inishmaan.
- Hester Street, 1975
- The Big Easy, 1986
- Ernest Saves Christmas, 1988
- Poltergeist II: The Other Side, 1986
- Shoot to Kill, 1988
- Die Hard, 1988
- The Relic, 1997
- Godzilla, 1998
- End of Days, 1999
- An American Rhapsody, 2001
- Best Wishes for Tomorrow (Ashita e no yuigon), 2007
- Painting in the Rain, 2009
- Married... with Children, 1991
- Charlie's Angels, 1981
- St. Elsewhere, 1987
- Herman's Head, 1992
- Empty Nest, 1990–95
- Bosom Buddies, 1981
- The New Odd Couple, 1982–1983
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|