Robert "Rob" Livingstone (born October 10, 1967, Toronto, Ontario, Canada) is the creator and Producer of GamesBids.com, the original and only publication that specializes in reporting on host city bids for the Olympic Games, since 1998.
He is a member of the International Society of Olympic Historians and the Olympic Journalists Association. With an education in business and economics and political science from York University in Toronto, he first became interested and involved in the Olympic Bid process during the 1996 Olympic Games candidacy in 1990. He has been studying and enjoying the process ever since.
Livingstone has been quoted and used as a resource by print, broadcast and Web media around the world including major publications in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, Australia, France, Brazil, Austria, Germany and many other countries. He regularly provides commentary on radio and television news shows internationally (including an appearance on an Investigative Reports episode, "Tarnished Gold" that originally appeared on the A&E network on September 15, 2000).
He launched the GamesBids.com Website that has become a standard reference for the Olympic Bid industry providing news, information and commentary as well as BidIndex, the original and widely referenced Bid rating system. The website is intended to provide a central repository of news, information and interaction to the Olympic Bid industry and those interested in it.
- "Olympic Visit Buoys London 2012 Games Hope, Odds Show", Bloomberg.com, February 21, 2005. Accessed June 3, 2008.
- "Tokyo throws hat into ring for 2016 Olympic Games"Chicago Sun-Times. June 8, 2007. Accessed July 3, 2008
- "O, Shea Can You See As Olympics Plan B? Alternate sites are longshots to Games hopes" New York Daily News, June 12, 2005. Accessed July 3, 2008
- GamesBids.com: About us
- New York Sun archive site
- Bloomberg on BidIndex
- 2016 BidIndex Chicago Business website