March 14, 1986 |
Escondido, California, United States
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10 st 5 lb)|
|Reach||71 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Escondido, California, United States|
|Team||Team Xplode MMA|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Peralta made his professional MMA debut in March 2007. He lost his debut by submission, but quickly amassed a record of 13 wins and 3 losses over the next few years. A majority of his fights have been in the California-based independent promotion Gladiator Challenge.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Peralta defeated Mackens Semerzier on November 12, 2011 at UFC on Fox 1. It was officially recorded as a TKO victory for Peralta though replays later showed that an accidental headbutt dropped Semerzier and allowed Peralta to flurry and earn the stoppage. The fight was later ruled a no contest by the California State Athletic Commission.
A bout with Akira Corassani, previously linked to UFC 156, was moved April 6, 2013 at UFC on Fuel TV 9, after an illness sidelined Corassani for a time. Peralta lost to Corassani via decision after three rounds. Peralta was suspended for six months after the fight for failing the post fight drug test and testing positive for marijuana.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|22 matches||17 wins||4 losses|
|Win||17–4 (1)||Estevan Payan||KO (punches)||UFC 168||December 28, 2013||3||0:12||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||16–4 (1)||Akira Corassani||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fuel TV: Mousasi vs. Latifi||April 6, 2013||3||5:00||Stockholm, Sweden||Peralta tested positive for marijuana after the bout.|
|Win||16–3 (1)||Jason Young||KO (punches)||UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic||September 29, 2012||1||0:23||Nottingham, England|
|NC||15–3 (1)||Mackens Semerzier||NC (accidental headbutt)||UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos||November 12, 2011||3||1:54||Anaheim, California, United States||Overturned, originally won by TKO|
|Win||15–3||Mike Lullo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Shields vs. Ellenberger||September 17, 2011||3||5:00||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||14–3||Hiroyuki Takaya||Decision (split)||Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley||April 9, 2011||3||5:00||San Diego, California, United States|
|Win||13–3||Chris Kirtley||Submission (triangle choke)||Gladiator Challenge: Legends Collide 2||February 20, 2011||2||2:42||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||12–3||Randy Connelly||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Challenge: Season's Beatings 2||December 12, 2010||1||0:12||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||11–3||Thomas Noel||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Challenge: Royal Flush||October 24, 2010||2||1:27||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||10–3||Xavier Strokes||Submission||Gladiator Challenge: Maximum Force||April 25, 2010||3||4:39||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||9–3||Ben Champeaux||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Challenge: Vision Quest||February 21, 2010||1||1:21||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||8–3||Rob Hawkes||KO (punches)||Gladiator Challenge: Never Quit||November 8, 2009||1||0:10||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Loss||7–3||Landon Piercy||Submission||Gladiator Challenge: High Impact||July 23, 2009||2||4:41||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||7–2||Darrell Montague||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Challenge: Warriors||February 4, 2009||3||2:55||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||6–2||Willie Gates||TKO (punches)||GC 85: Cross Fire||October 25, 2008||1||3:50||San Diego, California, United States|
|Win||5–2||Lorenzo Bencomo||TKO (punches)||MMAX 18: Going Home||January 26, 2008||1||1:06||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Win||4–2||Gil Aguilar||TKO||MMA Xtreme 17||December 15, 2007||2||0:40||Honduras|
|Win||3–2||John Wallace||KO||MMA Xtreme 14||October 13, 2007||2||0:31||Honduras|
|Loss||2–2||Fred Leavy||Decision||MMA Xtreme 12||June 30, 2007||3||N/A||Mexicali, Mexico|
|Win||2–1||Mauricio Castillo||TKO||MMA Xtreme 11||June 30, 2007||1||0:21||Mexico|
|Win||1–1||John Wallace||KO||MMA Xtreme 10||April 21, 2007||1||0:53||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic|
|Loss||0–1||Yahir Reyes||Submission (rear naked choke)||MMA Xtreme 9||March 3, 2007||1||N/A||Tijuana, Mexico|
- "Robert Peralta steps in to meet Mike Lullo at UFC Fight Night 25". mmajunkie.com. September 5, 2011.
- "Peralta vs. Semerzier added to UFC on FOX 1". mmajunkie.com. October 4, 2011.
- "CSAC changes UFC on FOX 1's Peralta vs. Semerzier result to no contest". mmajunkie.com. December 13, 2011.
- "Breaking News: Charles Oliveira's next opponent named". The Cage Door. November 16, 2011.
- "UFC on FX 2 gets Peralta vs. Semerzier rematch". mmajunkie.com. January 5, 2012.
- "UFC on FX 2: Daniel Pineda replaces Robert Peralta, meets Mackens Semerzier". mmajunkie.com. February 6, 2012.
- "Young vs. Peralta Also Lined Up For UFC Nottingham". yourmma.tv. June 20, 2012.
- Bohn, Mike (January 4, 2013). "Robbie Peralta vs. Akira Corassani featherweight bout added to February's UFC 156". mmamania.com.
- John Morgan and Steven Marrocco (January 20, 2013). "Akira Corassani vs. Robbie Peralta targeted for UFC on FUEL TV 9 in Sweden". MMAJunkie.com.
- MMAjunkie.com Staff (May 1, 2013). "UFC's Robbie Peralta suspended for marijuana, must undergo treatment". MMAjunkie.com.
- Staff (2013-10-07). "Estevan Payan vs. Robert Peralta booked for December's UFC 168 card in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-10-07.