Robert Rich, 3rd Earl of Warwick
Rich died on 29 May 1659, and was buried in Felsted, Essex. His only son, also Robert, predeceased him by 15 months dying of consumption. The earldom passed to the 3rd Earl's brother Charles.
- Robert married Frances Cromwell, daughter of the Lord Protector (Cromwell) Oliver Cromwell in 1657 but he died of consumption within three months of the marriage on 16 February 1658, leaving no children and his widow remarried Sir John Russell, 3rd Baronet.
Robert Rich married secondly Anne Cheeke, daughter of Sir Thomas Cheeke and Essex Rich. Their children were:
- Anne who married Thomas Barrington of Barrington Hall Essex, heir of Sir John Barrington, 3rd Baronet.
- Mary who married Sir Henry St. John, 1st Viscount St. John on 11 December 1673 and died in 1678, giving birth to their only son, Henry, Viscount Bolingbroke.
- Essex Rich, who married Daniel Finch, 2nd Earl of Nottingham on 16 June 1674.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2013)|
- Lundy, Darryl (25 February 2010). "Robert Rich, 3rd Earl of Warwick". Peerage.com. p. 1309 § 13083. Retrieved November 2013.[self-published source][better source needed]
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Firth, C.H. (1896). "Rich, Robert (1587-1658)". In Lee, Sidney. Dictionary of National Biography 48. London: Smith, Elder & Co. pp. 128–133.
|Peerage of England|
|Earl of Warwick
(writ in acceleration)