His first book, Winning Through Intimidation, was published in 1973. After the manuscript racked up 10 rejections from publishers, Ringer decided to self-publish the book. It became a bestseller, spending 36 weeks at the top of the The New York Times Best Seller list. In 2002, Ringer revised and updated the book and republished it with a new title: To Be or Not to Be Intimidated?: That is the Question. Ringer says that the change in the title was made to clarify his aim in these books, which is not so much to turn people into intimidators, but rather to give people the tools to keep others from intimidating them.
Ringer's self-published his second book, Looking Out for Number One, in 1978, and it was also a bestseller.
A devoted admirer of Ayn Rand, Ringer wrote his most politically oriented work, Restoring the American Dream (1979), which dealt with various problems in the United States, and offering solutions through a laissez-faire free market libertarian perspective.
- Winning Through Intimidation. 1973. ISBN 0-449-20786-2.
- Looking Out for Number One. 1978. ISBN 0-449-21010-3.
- Restoring the American Dream. 1979. ISBN 0-449-24314-1.
- How You Can Find Happiness During the Collapse of Western Civilization. 1983. ISBN 0-06-859606-5.
- Million Dollar Habits. 1990. ISBN 0-449-21878-3.
- Getting What You Want: The 7 Principles of Rational Living. 2000. ISBN 0-399-14686-5.
- To Be or Not to Be Intimidated?: That is the Question. 2002. ISBN 1-59077-035-8.
- Action!: Nothing Happens Until Something Moves. 2004. ISBN 1-59077-058-7.
- Ringer, Robert (December 26, 1977). "To the Victims of 1977, Robert Ringer Whispers a New Mantra: Look Out for No. 1". People 8 (26).
- King, Terry Johnson (June 3, 1976). "Winning...". The Miami News. p. 13A. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- "Behavior: The Power Boys: Push Pays Off". Time. January, 19, 1975. Retrieved September 14, 2009.
- Robert Ringer Official Site
- Interview on YouTube
- Bio from his speaking agent
- Interview with Laissez Faire Books (2004)
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|