Robert Royal (author)
Robert Royal is a Catholic author and the president of the "Faith and Reason Institute", based in Washington, D.C.
Royal received his BA and MA from Brown University and his PhD from The Catholic University of America. He has taught at Brown University, Rhode Island College, and The Catholic University of America. From 1980 to 1982 he was as editor-in-chief of Prospect magazine in Princeton, New Jersey. From 1986 to 1999 he served as vice president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, along with president George Weigel from 1989 to 1996.
He is currently editor-in-chief of The Catholic Thing, an online publication he launched with Michael Novak. He also serves as the Graduate Dean of Catholic Distance University and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute.
Royal is generally conservative and a critic of secularism.
- 1492 And All That: Political Manipulations of History, 1992
- Reinventing the American People: Unity and Diversity Today, 1995
- The Virgin and the Dynamo: Use and Abuse of Religion in Environmental Debates, 1999
- Dante Alighieri: Divine Comedy, Divine Spirituality, 1999
- The Catholic Martyrs of the Twentieth Century: A Comprehensive Global History, 2000
- The Pope's Army: 500 Years of the Papal Swiss Guard, 2006
- The God that Did Not Fail: How Religion Built and Sustains the West, 2006
- Robert Royal's articles, at Crisis Magazine
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|