Robert S. Wallerstein
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert S. Wallerstein is a prominent American psychoanalyst. He has headed the Psychotherapy Research Project of the Menninger Foundation and has been president of the International Psychoanalytical Association.
- Hospital treatment of alcoholism : a comparative, experimental study, New York : Basic Books, 1957
- Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy: An Historical Perspective, International Journal of Psycho-Analysis,1989, 70:563-591
- The talking cures : the psychoanalyses and the psychotherapies, New Haven [etc.] : Yale University Press, 1995
- Lay analysis : life inside the controversy, Hillsdale, NJ [etc.] : Analytic Press, 1998
- Forty-two lives in treatment : a study of psychoanalysis and psychotherapy : the report of the Psychotherapy Research Project of the Menninger Foundation, 1954-1982, New York : Other Press, 2000
- The Generations of Psychotherapy Research: An Overview. Psychoanal. Psychol., 18:243-267 (2001)
- Psychoanalysis: The Broader Scope, International Universities Press, 2004
- "History of the Menninger Clinic". Menninger Clinic. Retrieved 15 April 2011. "As a director of research at Menninger and the project's principal investigator, it fell to Dr. Robert Wallerstein, a former director of Menninger Research, to record the breadth of the study's findings in a thick volume titled, 42 Lives in Treatment-A Study of Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy."
- "Organisational Officers Past and Current". International Psychoanalytical Association. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- Psychic structure and psychic change : essays in honor of Robert S. Wallerstein, ed. by Mardi J. Horowitz, Madison, Conn. : International Universities Press, 1993
- From Impression to Inquiry: A Tribute to the work of Robert Wallerstein, edited by Wilma Bucci, Norbert Freedman, International Psychoanalytical Association, 2007, ISBN 978-1-905888-00-9, Paperback, includes a bibliography of Wallerstein