Robert Sackville-West, 7th Baron Sackville
|The Lord Sackville|
Arms of Baron Sackville
|Born||10 July 1958|
|Tenure||since 27 March 2004|
|Spouse(s)||Catherine Dorothea Bennett
Margot Jane MacAndrew
|Parents||Hugh Rosslyn Inigo Sackville-West
Bridget Eleanor Cunliffe
Robert Bertrand Sackville-West, 7th Baron Sackville DL (born 10 July 1958) is a British publisher, author and guardian of Knole in Kent, which has been a Sackville house for 400 years.
The eldest son of Hugh Rosslyn Inigo Sackville-West and Bridget Eleanor Cunliffe, he inherited the title of Baron Sackville on 27 March 2004 on the death of his uncle, Lionel Bertrand Sackville-West, 6th Baron Sackville.
Sackville-West was educated at Winchester College and read History at Magdalen College, Oxford. He later gained an MBA at the London Business School before working as a management consultant. In 1984, he founded Toucan Books, of which he is now Chairman, a packaging company which has worked with publishers on both sides of the Atlantic for more than three decades. He was a Governor of Sevenoaks School from 1995 until 2008, serving as Chairman from 2002. He is currently a Governor of the Knole Academy in Sevenoaks and a member of the International Baccalaureate UK board. He is also the executive Chairman of several Sackville family businesses associated with property, works of art and heritage assets.
Marriages and children
- Hon. Freya Sackville-West (born 6 August 1998)
- Hon. Arthur Sackville-West (born 25 February 2000)
- Hon. Edie Sackville-West (born 5 May 2003)
He is the author of two highly regarded books on the story of his family.
- Inheritance: The Story of Knole and the Sackvilles (2010)
- The Disinherited: A Story of Family, Love and Betrayal (2014)
- 2010 Spears Book Awards Family History of the Year Inheritance: The Story of Knole and the Sackvilles
- "BBC rottweiler John Humphrys is (almost) smiling over his new relationship with journalist", Daily Mail, 23 September 2009
- Who's Who 2008, A & C Black, 2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007
- Sackville-West, Robert. Inheritance. London : Bloomsbury, 2010. ISBN 978-1-4088-0338-7
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a baron in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|