Sherborne was Archdeacon of Huntingdon (1494–1496), Archdeacon of Buckingham and of Taunton (1496–1505) and Dean of St. Paul's (1499–1505). Exceptionally, he held ecclesiastical posts prior to ordination: he was made a deacon in 1499 and ordained a priest on 5 March 1501. From 1505 to 1508 he was bishop of St Davids.
- Sherborn, Shirbirn, Sherburne, Sherburn, Sherbourne.
- St Mary's Church, Rolleston-on-Dove
- Christopher Harper-Bill, ‘Sherborn , Robert (c.1454–1536)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; online edn, Jan 2011  Accessed 5 June 2013
- Deans of St Paul's | British History Online
- Bishops of St. Davids
- Roehampton - Romsey | British History Online
- The Roots of Education
- Concise Dictionary of National Biography
- fl. 1489-1505).doc+%22Robert+Sherborne%22+%22St+Davids%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk Biographical notes
|Catholic Church titles|
|Bishop of St David's
|Bishop of Chichester