Robert T. Tally Jr. (born 1969) is an associate professor of English at Texas State University. His research and teaching focuses on the relations among space, narrative, and representation, particularly in U.S. and comparative literature, and he is active in the emerging scholarly fields of geocriticism, literary geography, and the spatial humanities. Tally is the editor of "Geocriticism and Spatial Literary Studies," a Palgrave Macmillan book series established in 2013. The translator of Bertrand Westphal's Geocriticism: Real and Fictional Spaces and the editor of Geocritical Explorations, In addition to his numerous essays on literature, criticism, and theory, Tally has written books on Herman Melville, Edgar Allan Poe, and Kurt Vonnegut, as well as a critical introduction to the work of Fredric Jameson.
Tally received an M.A. in literature and Ph.D. in critical and cultural studies from the University of Pittsburgh, a J.D. from the Duke University School of Law, and an A.B. (philosophy) from Duke University.
- Fredric Jameson: The Project of Dialectical Criticism. London: Pluto Press, 2014.
- Poe and the Subversion of American Literature: Satire, Fantasy, Critique. New York: Bloomsbury, 2014.
- Literary Cartographies: Spatiality, Representation, and Narrative (editor). New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014.
- Spatiality. The New Critical Idiom. London: Routledge, 2013.
- Kurt Vonnegut (editor). Critical Insights. Ipswich, MA: Salem Press, 2013.
- Utopia in the Age of Globalization: Space, Representation, and the World System. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- Geocritical Explorations: Space, Place and Mapping in Literary and Cultural Studies (editor). New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Kurt Vonnegut and the American Novel: A Postmodern Iconography. London: Continuum, 2011.
- Melville, Mapping and Globalization: Literary Cartography in the American Baroque Writer. London: Continuum, 2009.
-  "Professor pioneers geocritical approach for studying literature," by Billi London-Gray, Texas State University Blog (October 19, 2010)
-  Robert T. Tally Jr., featured speaker at the University of South Florida's "Re-Conceptualizing Cartography" graduate conference, April 13, 2012
-  Spatiality, The New Critical Idiom series, Routledge, 2012.
-  Geocriticism: Real and Imagined Spaces, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012
-  Geocritical Explorations, Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
-  See "Fredric Jameson's Ruthless Criticism of All That Exists," Pluto Press blog, June 18, 2014.