Tesche playing for HSV in 2012
|Full name||Robert Tesche|
|Date of birth||27 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Wismar, East Germany|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2006–2008||Arminia Bielefeld II||30||(6)|
|2009–2014||Hamburger SV II||11||(2)|
|2013||→ Fortuna Düsseldorf (loan)||14||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
In 1993, Wismar-born Tesche began his footballing career for VfL Viktoria Mennighüffen. In 2001–02 he moved to Arminia Bielefeld's youth department. He was considered as one of the most exciting talents of Arminia, and in 2006–07 he moved up to their reserve team. Under head coach Ernst Middendorp, Tesche made his professional debut. It was in the match against Borussia Dortmund, when he surprisingly started in the starting-XI. He was substituted in the 67th minute.
In May 2007 he signed a contract with Arminia Bielefeld, keeping him in the Westphalian city for three years. However, in the first days of July 2009, shortly after Arminia Bielefeld relegated to the 2nd Bundesliga, Tesche was offered a contract with Hamburger SV. In accordance with the board, he was allowed to move to Hamburger SV.
On 14 August 2014, Tesche completed a free transfer to Nottingham Forest, signing a one year contract. At Forest he reunited with former teammate Michael Mancienne, who had also joined the club in 2014 from Hamburg. Tesche made his debut for Forest against Huddersfield Town in a 2–0 win in the second round of the League Cup on 26 August 2014, playing the full ninety minutes at the John Smith's Stadium. In this game he was only denied the Forest Fans 'man of the match' award by midfield team-mate and goalscorer Henri Lansbury, who received 49% of votes to Tesche's 20%. Tesche made his league debut for Forest against Sheffield Wednesday on 30 August 2014. Tesche scored his first goal against Ipswich town in a 2-2 draw and scored a famous long range strike in a 1-1 draw against Charlton (a contender for goal of the season) the forest fans chant "There's only one decent German"
- As of match played 6 December 2014
|Arminia Bielefeld II||2005–06||Oberliga Westfalen||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|Hamburger SV II||2009–10||Regionalliga Nord||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|Fortuna Düsseldorf (loan)||2012–13||Bundesliga||14||0||0||0||—||—||14||0|
- "Robert Tesche: Beim HSV ist es eine andere Welt" [Robert Tesche: At HSV it's another world] (in German). bild.de. 5 July 2009. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Robert Tesche bleibt beim Dinosaurier" [Robert Tesche stays at the Dinosaur] (in German). kicker.de. 29 July 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "VfL Wolfsburg 2–4 Hamburger SV" (in Dutch). vi.nl. 23 August 2009. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Hamburger SV: Robert Tesche wird zu Fortuna Düsseldorf verliehen" [Hamburger SV: Robert Tesche out on loan to Fortuna Düsseldorf] (in German). borlife.de. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Reds bring in Tesche". nottinghamforest.co.uk. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Huddersfield 0–2 Nott'm Forest". BBC Sport. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Henri back with a bang". Nottingham Forest F.C. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Sheff Wed 0–1 Nottm Forest". BBC Sport. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- Scoresway.com Profile
- Robert Tesche at kicker.de (German)
- Robert Tesche at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Robert Tesche at ESPN FC
|This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a midfielder born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|