Tesche playing for HSV in 2012
|Full name||Robert Tesche|
|Date of birth||27 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Wismar, East Germany|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2006–2008||Arminia Bielefeld II||30||(6)|
|2009–2014||Hamburger SV II||11||(2)|
|2013||→ Fortuna Düsseldorf (loan)||14||(0)|
|2015||→ Birmingham City (loan)||12||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:14, 3 May 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Robert Tesche (born 27 May 1987) is a German professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for English club Nottingham Forest. Before moving to England in 2014, Tesche played for Arminia Bielefeld, Hamburger SV and Fortuna Düsseldorf, and he spent the latter part of the 2014–15 season on loan at Birmingham City.
In 1993, Wismar-born Tesche began his footballing career for VfL Viktoria Mennighüffen. In 2001–02 he moved to Arminia Bielefeld's youth department. He was considered as one of the most exciting talents of Arminia, and in 2006–07 he moved up to their reserve team. Under head coach Ernst Middendorp, Tesche made his professional debut. It was in the match against Borussia Dortmund, when he surprisingly started in the starting-XI. He was substituted in the 67th minute.
In May 2007 he signed a contract with Arminia Bielefeld, keeping him in the Westphalian city for three years. However, in the first days of July 2009, shortly after Arminia Bielefeld relegated to the 2nd Bundesliga, Tesche was offered a contract with Hamburger SV. In accordance with the board, he was allowed to move to Hamburger SV.
On 14 August 2014, Tesche completed a free transfer to Nottingham Forest, where he signed a one-year contract and was reunited with former Hamburg teammate Michael Mancienne. Tesche made his Forest debut against Huddersfield Town in a 2–0 win in the second round of the League Cup on 26 August, playing the full ninety minutes at the John Smith's Stadium. He came second, behind goalscorer and fellow midfielder Henri Lansbury, in the fans' poll for man of the match, with 20% of votes to Lansbury's 49%. Tesche made his league debut four days later against Sheffield Wednesday. Tesche scored his first goal for Forest against Ipswich Town in a 2–2 draw, and also scored a spectacular goal from long-range in a 1–1 draw with Charlton Athletic.
After Dougie Freedman replaced Stuart Pearce as manager, Tesche was unable to retain his first-team place, and on 2 March 2015, he joined fellow Championship club Birmingham City on loan until the end of the season. He replaced the suspended Stephen Gleeson in the starting eleven for the next match, at home to Blackpool, and provided the assist for Andy Shinnie's match-winning header. His first goal for the club, a placed shot into the bottom corner after a neat touch from Clayton Donaldson, opened the scoring at home to Rotherham United; Birmingham won 2–1, and Tesche missed late chances to increase the winning margin. He played regularly for the whole of his loan spell, and scored the only goal of Birmingham's last match of the season, at Bolton Wanderers, to confirm their tenth-place finish.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2015)|
- As of match played 2 May 2015
|Arminia Bielefeld II||2005–06||Oberliga Westfalen||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|Hamburger SV II||2009–10||Regionalliga Nord||1||0||—||—||—||1||0|
|Fortuna Düsseldorf (loan)||2012–13||Bundesliga||14||0||0||0||—||—||14||0|
|Birmingham City (loan)||2014–15||Championship||12||2||—||—||—||12||2|
- "Robert Tesche: Beim HSV ist es eine andere Welt" [Robert Tesche: At HSV it's another world] (in German). bild.de. 5 July 2009. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Robert Tesche bleibt beim Dinosaurier" [Robert Tesche stays at the Dinosaur] (in German). kicker.de. 29 July 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "VfL Wolfsburg 2–4 Hamburger SV" (in Dutch). vi.nl. 23 August 2009. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Hamburger SV: Robert Tesche wird zu Fortuna Düsseldorf verliehen" [Hamburger SV: Robert Tesche out on loan to Fortuna Düsseldorf] (in German). borlife.de. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Reds bring in Tesche". nottinghamforest.co.uk. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "Huddersfield 0–2 Nott'm Forest". BBC Sport. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Henri back with a bang". Nottingham Forest F.C. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Sheff Wed 0–1 Nottm Forest". BBC Sport. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Games played by Robert Tesche in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Taylor, Paul (6 December 2014). "Nottingham Forest 1, Charlton 1 – Spectacular goal from Tesche secures a point for Reds". Nottingham Post. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Official: Robert Tesche joins Blues on loan". Birmingham City F.C. 2 March 2015. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Andrew Shinnie hits winner as Birmingham beat Blackpool 1–0 in Championship". Sky Sports. 4 March 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Robert Tesche and Clayton Donaldson earn Birmingham win over Rotherham". Sky Sports. 3 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
"Birmingham 2–1 Rotherham". BBC Sport. 3 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Dick, Brian (2 May 2015). "Bolton Wanderers 0 Birmingham City 1". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- Scoresway.com Profile
- Robert Tesche at kicker.de (German)
- Robert Tesche at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Robert Tesche at ESPN FC