Robert Thompson (media scholar)
Thompson is the Trustee Professor of Television and Popular Culture at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University and founding director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture.
Thompson has authored, co-authored, or edited six books and textbooks: Television Studies: Textual Analysis with Gary Burns (1989), Making Television: Authorship and the Production Process with Gary Burns (1990), Adventures on Prime Time: The Television Programs of Stephen J. Cannell (1990), Prime Time, Prime Movers (1992), Television's Second Golden Age (1997), and Television in the Antenna Age: A Concise History (2004).
- Noveck, Jocelyn (May 14, 2007). "Syracuse prof is pop culture ambassador". Associated Press. Archived from the original on 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "Robert Thompson's Syracuse web page". Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "Robert Thompson's Amazon Books listing". Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- Robert Thompson at the Internet Movie Database
- It's True: Spaghetti Tacos "Expert," Prof. Robert Thompson, Has Now Been Interviewed By 78 Different NYT Reporters - The NYTPicker