September 12, 1970 |
Queens, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||Archbishop Molloy
(Queens, New York)
|College||St. John's (1988–1992)|
|NBA draft||1992 / Round: 2 / Pick: 46th overall|
|Selected by the Denver Nuggets|
|1993–1994||Yakima Sun Kings (CBA)|
|1994||Long Island Surf (USBL)|
|1994–1995||Harrisburg Hammerheads (CBA)|
|1995||Long Island Surf (USBL)|
|1995–1996||New Jersey Nets|
|1996||Oklahoma City Cavalry (CBA)|
|1996–1997||New Jersey Nets|
|1997||Long Island Surf (USBL)|
|1997–1999||Yakima Sun Kings (CBA)|
|1999–2000||Baltimore Bayrunners (IBL)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Robert Werdann (born September 12, 1970) is a retired American professional basketball player. Born in Sunnyside, Queens, New York, he attended academic and athletic powerhouse Archbishop Molloy High School in Queens, New York, graduating in 1988. He was selected by the Denver Nuggets in the second round (46th overall) of the 1992 NBA Draft. A 6'11" center from St. John's University, Werdann played in three NBA seasons. While playing for St. John's, Werdann was third-team All-Big East as a junior. He played for the Nuggets and New Jersey Nets. He also played with the Harrisburg Hammerheads of the CBA.
In his NBA career, Werdann played in 47 games and scored a total of 101 points.
The Golden State Warriors named Robert Werdann an assistant coach for the 2010-2011 season for head coach Keith Smart, along with Jerry Sichting, Calbert Cheaney, and Mark Price.
- REVAMPING OF A PIVOT WERDANN APPLIES A NEW GET-TOUGH POLICY IN THE CBA
- John Reid, New Orleans Hornets Coach Byron Scott hires Rob Werdann as assistant, July 13, 2009
- HORNETS: Hornets Staff Directory
- "Rob Werdann joins Bobcats staff". ESPN.com. ESPN Internet Ventures. June 28, 2011. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Mets de Guaynabo. Latin-Basket
- Blazers Hire Rob Werdann, Zendon Hamilton As Idaho Stampede Assistant Coaches