|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (January 2015)|
Robert, otherwise known as Robert the Doll, Robert the haunted doll, or Robert the Enchanted Doll, is a doll that was once owned by Key West painter and author Robert Eugene Otto. The doll is alleged to be possessed by spirits, and has a terrifying reputation. Robert was the inspiration for Chucky, the doll in the 1988 horror film Child's Play.
The doll, which is supposedly cursed, has become a fixture of ghost tours in the Key West area since it was inducted into the Fort East Martello Museum. Aesthetically, Robert resembles an early 20th-century American sailor. Contrary to popular belief, however, the doll's hair is not made of human hair, but rather, it consists of a synthetic material resembling wool yarn.
The doll is currently located at the East Martello Museum in Key West, Florida.
- Robert The Doll
- Robert The Haunted Doll HauntedAmericaTours.com
- Robert the Haunted Doll - Shows - Coast to Coast AM
- The Official Website Of Joshua P Warren Paranormal Investigator Broadcaster and Author
- David L. Sloan, Ghost of Key West, Phantom Press, 2003
- Schensul, Jill (2014-01-12). "Schensul: If you go to Key West, Fla., beware of Robert the Doll". NorthJersey.com.
- Ella Morton (2013-11-18). "Robert the Haunted Doll: Creeping Out Floridians Since 1904". Slate.com.
- Squires, John (2014-01-29). "Meet Robert; The Haunted Doll That Inspired Child’s Play". iHorror. Retrieved 2014-12-03.
- Robert The (Devil) Doll: A Case of Tourism Motivated Fabrication and Superstitious Irrationality ~ The Thoughtful Gamers
- http://www.playwithdeath.com/robert-the-doll-the-haunted-doll-of-key-west/ Robert the Doll – The Haunted Doll of Key West
- http://tapscon.com Taps CON Site
- http://www.robertthedoll.org/ - Official Robert The Doll website, hosted by the Key West Art and Historical Society