Roberto Borge Angulo
|Governor Roberto Borge Angulo (r) with U.S. Ambassador Earl Anthony Wayne|
7th Governor of Quintana Roo
April 5, 2011
|Preceded by||Félix González Canto|
December 29, 1979 |
Cozumel, Quintana Roo
|Political party||Institutional Revolutionary Party|
|Spouse(s)||Mariana Zorrilla Erales|
|Alma mater||Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education|
Roberto Borge Angulo (born December 29, 1979) is a Mexican politician affiliated with the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI). He is the 7th and current constitutional Governor of Quintana Roo for the period 2011 to 2016.
Early life and career
Roberto Borge completed his basic studies in Cozumel, the high school and university in the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, where he graduated with a degree in Business Administration.
He has family with political background, he is nephew of Miguel Borge Martín, 3rd Governor of Quintana Roo from 1987 to 1993. He began his political career as head of public relations of the Department of Economic Development in the Quintanarro's government from 2002 to 2003, this year he became private secretary of federal deputy Félix González Canto. In 2005, when González Canto was elected Governor, Borge kept his job as private secretary. When González Canto took office, appointed him as General Treasurer of the State and then Chief Clerk of Government. He resigned to become president of the PRI party in the state of Quintana Roo.
In 2009 he was nominated candidate for federal deputy for the First Federal Electoral District of Quintana Roo. He was elected to the LXI Legislature of the Mexican Congress. He soon became one of the main contenders for the PRI candidacy for governor of Quintana Roo, its main contender and head in the polls was Carlos Joaquín González, however, on March 24, 2010 he asked and obtained a leave as member of the Chamber of Deputies. On March 26 he was fue postulate as candidate of the unity to the state government.
Roberto Borge was elected in the electoral process of July 4 and received the appointment as elect- governor on July 11. He took office on April 5, 2011. Borge is the youngest Governor in Mexican history.
- "Roberto Borge, séptimo gobernador constitucional de Q. Roo". El Quintanarroense. April 4, 2010. Retrieved April 6, 2010.
- "Carlos Joaquín encabeza preferencias en Qroo". El Universal. March 19, 2010. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Roberto José Pacheco (March 24, 2010). "Dan licencia a diputado Borge". Notimex. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Fernando Meraz Mejorado (March 26, 2010). "Destapa el PRI a Roberto Borge como candidato a gobernador en Quintana Roo". Milenio Diario. Retrieved March 26, 2010.
- Fernando Meraz Mejorado (July 11, 2010). "Declaran a Roberto Borge gobernador electo de Quintana Roo". Milenio Diario. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- "Borge Angulo asume gubernatura en Q. Roo". El Universal. April 5, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- "Reaparece Salinas de Gortari en toma de protesta de Borge". La Jornada. April 6, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
Félix González Canto
|Governor of Quintana Roo
2011 – present