|Full name||Roberto Maximiliano Pereyra|
|Date of birth||7 January 1991|
|Place of birth||San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Attacking midfielder|
|Juventus (on loan from Udinese)|
|2014–||→ Juventus (loan)||35||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Roberto Maximiliano Pereyra (born 7 January 1991) is an Argentine footballer who plays for Serie A champions Juventus, on loan from Udinese. Despite being right-footed, he plays mostly as a left winger. In his years in Italy, he's developed into an adaptable player who can cover multiple roles in midfield and in wide areas.
Born in San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina Pereyra began his career within the youth academy of River Plate. His professional career began in 2009 when he made his River Plate debut in the Argentine Primera Division against Huracan at the age of 18. After featuring on 43 occasions for River, Pereyra transferred across the Atlantic Ocean, swapping continents, as he joined Udinese Calcio ahead of the 2011–12 Serie A season.
Officially signing for Udinese 30 August 2011, Pereyra signed a 5-year contract with the Friuli outfit, and went on to make 15 appearances in all competitions during his debut season in Italy. His performances for Udinese during a three–year spell saw him contribute eight goals and seven assists in 84 league appearances, while he also represented the club in 6 Coppa Italia matches, 2 UEFA Champions League Matches, and 12 UEFA Europa League games.
On 25 July 2014, Pereyra officially signed for three-time defending Serie A champions Juventus on a season-long loan deal worth €1.5 million, with the option to sign the player outright at the conclusion of the 2014–15 Serie A campaign for an additional €14 million. On the same day, Pereyra appeared for his club in their first friendly match of the season against Lucento. On Saturday August 23, 2014, he featured for Juventus in the annual Trofeo TIM. Pereyra capitalised on Francesco Magnanelli’s failed clearance to sidefoot home from just outside the six-yard box.
Pereyra was selected to represent the Argentine under-20 football team at the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup. He played all three group games at the tournament, helping Argentina defeat Mexico and North Korea and draw with England. He missed Argentina's 2-1 Round of 16 victory over Egypt through suspension, but returned to the starting line-up in the Quarterfinal clash against Portugal, which Argentina lost on penalty kicks after neither team could score during 120 minutes.
Style of play
- "Closing '09 statistics". Argentine Soccer. Retrieved 2011-07-29.
- "Pereyra Declares…Welcome Roberto!". official site. Udinese. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Pereyra joins Juventus". Juventus. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Filippo Cornacchia (25 July 2014). "Pereyra, colpo da 17 milioni. «Mi ispiro a Camoranesi»" [Pereyra, 17 million deal. "I aspire to be like Camoranesi"] (in Italian). Tutto Sport. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Cristiano Ciacci (9 April 2015). "L’esplosione di Pereyra: El Tucumano al servizio della Juventus" [Pereyra's Breakthrough: El Tucumano at Juventus's service] (in Italian). Mai Dire Calcio. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Argentine Primera statistics at Fútbol XXI (Spanish)