Solis served 17 years in prison for murdering a security guard during a robbery in 1969. He was given parole in 1992. Afterwards he met Heather Tallchief, who got a job with a security company at his urging. In October 1993, following Solis' instructions, Tallchief drove off with an armoured vehicle containing $2.5 million. The two subsequently went on the run and had a child. Tallchief gave herself up in September 2005, but Solis is still at large.
- Aguila, Pancho, 1976. Hijacked. Berkeley : Twowindows Press.
- Aguila, Pancho, 1977. 11 Poems. San Jose: Mango Press.
- Aguila, Pancho, 1977. Anti-gravity. Berkeley: Aldebaran Review.
- Aguila, Pancho, 1977. Dark Smoke: Poems. San Francisco : Second Coming Press. ISBN 0-915016-14-1
- "News: Heist suspect turns self in". reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Weary fugitive gives up after 12 years on the run". The Times. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Roberto Solis". America's Most Wanted. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Fugitive surrenders for Las Vegas armored truck heist". Lundigton Daily News. 17 September 2005. Retrieved 12 January 2011.