For the Robertson Barracks, Norfolk, England see RAF Swanton Morley
Municipality of Litchfield
|Type||Australian Army base|
1st Aviation Regiment
B Coy, 1st Military Police Battalion
Joint Movements Control Office - Darwin
Joint Logistics Unit (North)
Robertson Barracks is a major Australian Army base located in the outer Darwin, Northern Territory suburb of Holtze in the Municipality of Litchfield. The barracks was built during the 1990s. The Barracks are home to the 1st Brigade and the 1st Aviation Regiment. Robertson Barracks has a helicopter airfield, similar to Holsworthy Barracks. The barracks are named after Lieutenant General Sir Horace Robertson, the second commander of the 1st Armoured Division.
The units currently located on Robertson Barracks are:
1 Brigade Units
- 1st Armoured Regiment
- 1st Combat Service Support Battalion
- 1st Combat Signals Regiment
- 1st Combat Engineer Regiment
- 2nd Cavalry Regiment (Australia)
- 5th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment
- 8th/12th Medium Regiment
- 1st Aviation Regiment
- B Coy, 1st Military Police Battalion
- Joint Movements Control Office - Darwin
- Joint Logistics Unit (North)
Robertson Barracks is reported to be a future site of a United States Pacific Command Marine Air-Ground-Task Force rotational deployment, and its current capacity of 4,500 troops will be upgraded in the near future. Currently, the size and the accessibility of key facilities in Darwin follows closely with other US deployment sites around the globe.
- "US to establish Pacific base in northern Australia". South China Morning Post. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "US Establishes Pacific Base in Darwin, Australia". OSGEOINT. 12 November 2011. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
|This article about the military of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|