Robin Antin backstage during Los Angeles Fashion Week, Smashbox Studios – Culver City, CA (March 2008)
July 6, 1961 |
Los Angeles County, California, United States
Music video director
Robin Antin (born July 6, 1961) is an American dancer, choreographer, music video director, actress, showgirl, clothing designer,and entrepreneur. In 1995 in Los Angeles Antin, Christina Applegate and Carla Kama founded the modern burlesque troupe The Pussycat Dolls. By 2005, she had been diversified into various media including: a pop recording group with international hits; a Las Vegas nightclub venue and floorshow; various merchandise; and a reality television series. In 2007, she created Girlicious.
As a choreographer, Antin worked with entertainers such as Paris Hilton, and artists such as Anastacia, Pink, The Offspring and No Doubt. Additionally, she was responsible for the dance ensembles in various films.
On January 2, 2010, Antin, Tony Selznick, and Paula Abdul presented choreography agent Julie McDonald with an award for being a pioneer of dance representation and a friend, helper, and agent to many choreographers for over 25 years. The award was presented at the The Carnival: Choreographer's Ball 11th Anniversary Show.
She is currently a judge on the Lifetime reality television show Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.
Based in Las Vegas, it features a rotating cast of dancers around vocalist Jamie Preston. Current members include Hayley Zelniker, Amanda Nowak, Colby Lemmo and Alicia Blair. Former dolls include Rachel Sterling, who was also an original member of the burlesque troupe, Kelly Levesque, Laura Goulet, Michelle "Jersey" Maniscalco, Desiree Davis, Alicia Vela-Bailey, Mallory, Jen, Loreli, Victoria, Rosa, Marcea, Rita, Claude Racine, Natasha Vernase, Jessica Lea, Beverly Sizemore Laura Diane, Ashley Gates, Bridget Nicole, Jennifer Affronti, Sheila Joy Cindy Leos, Laurel Anderson, Angela Case, Meredith "Sevin" Kerr, Gina Katon and Jamie Lee Ruiz from Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious who is now part of the second spin-off group.
The Pussycat Dolls Burlesque Review Founded in 2008 with Jamie Lee Ruiz, alongside Michelle "Jersey" Maniscalco, Jessi Peralta, Stephanie Moseley, Courtney Parker, Fransesca Ramirez, Alexis(Allie Steel), Molly D'Amour Jenny Robinson. Dani Levine, Kasia Moss, Vanessa Curry and Guest dancer Chantal Hunt and Allarie Long new lead singer Jaime Preston and new dancer Tarin Pratt, Erica Kiehl Jenkins.
The Pussycat Dolls Burlesque Saloon at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas. Lead singer Sophia Monica. Current members include Sheila Joy, Megan Bostwick, Daymara Sabat, Colby Lemmo, Lauren Venandos, Emily Istre, Noelle Naone Brechler, Jenny Driebe, and Kaelee Jones. Former doll Jaime Lynch moved to Los Angeles to become the lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls Burlesque Revue.
Matt Goss and The Dirty Virgins
After becoming Goss's agent, Antin cast The Dirty Virgins, a Vegas-based dance girl group, made-up of 4 dancers Tala Marie, Emily Istre, Amber William, Monteece Mask and new dancers Veronica Collazo Marrero and Kaelee Jones in Vegas to accompany him for his show. Along with them, she cast singers Mecca and Angela. From a style point of view they are very much like the original concept of the Pussycat Dolls.
Girlicious is an American pop group consisting only of Nichole Cordova. Former members are Natalie Mejia, Chrystina Sayers and Tiffanie Anderson departed from the group due to conflicts and differences. Their second album, named "Rebuilt", was released on November 22, 2010 in Canada. The girls were discovered by Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious.
The Paradiso Girls were a girl group consisting of 5 members from different countries; Chelsea Korka (she appeared in the reality show Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search For The Next Doll) from The United States, Aria Cascaval from France, Lauren Bennett and Kelly Beckett from The United Kingdom and Shar Mae Amor from The Philippines. They are currently signed to will.i.am Music Group/Interscope Records. Their debut single "Patron Tequila" featuring Lil’ Jon and Eve was released on May 12, 2009, and a music video was shortly released afterwards. Their debut album Crazy Horse was expected to be released in July 2010. However, it was delayed until October, when Aria revealed the band had disbanded due to dissatisfaction with their label.
'GRL is a girl group consisting of 5 members; Lauren Bennett, Paula van Oppen, Simone Battle, Emmalyn Estrada and Natasha Slayton. The group was originally a "reboot" of the Pussycat Dolls, however was later confirmed to be a new group by Robin herself. The group is currently working on their debut album with Dr. Luke. They working with Larry Rudolph and Adam Laber, too. 1st single of G.R.L. is "Vacation" and released for free on June 16th when you purchased Ooh la La by Britney Spears for the Smurfs 2 Soundtrack. Buy Ooh La La and get "Vacation" for free now on iTunes.https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ooh-la-la-single/id661357782 
During 2008, It was reported that Antin and the La Senza Corporation of Canada were producing a line of Burlesque/Pussycat Dolls-styled lingerie called "Shhh...by Robin." The line ranges from girly and flirtatious to sexy and glamorous intimate apparel. Antin says, "The words for me on this collection are flirtatious, fashion and fun!" Paradiso Girls Lauren Bennett and Kelly Beckett as well as review member Jersey modeled for it.
According to her Twitter, Antin will soon release a workout DVD featuring Jamie Ruiz from Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious and other Burlesque Dolls Jenny Ronbinson and Michelle "Jersey" Maniscalco (whose pictures she posted on her Twitter account), as well as Chrystina Sayers and Nicole Scherzinger. It was released worldwide December 15, 2009.
- Pussycat Dolls (1995–present)
- Ron Fair (2004–present)
- Mikey Minden (2003–present)
- Jimmy Iovine (2004–present)
- Girlicious (2007–2011)
- Paradiso Girls (2007–2010)
- Matt Goss (2009–present)
- Jamie Ruiz (2008–present)
- GRL (2013-present)
- Matters of Consequence
- MTV Bash
- MTV Movie Awards
- My VH1 Awards
- Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica (one episode, "The Dancers")
- Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll
- Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious
- Mel B: It's a Scary World (one episode)
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- Megan Wants a Millionaire (guest judge)
- "Jailbird Rock 1988
- "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
- "Carnival Choreographer’s Ball 11th Anniversary". DanceBloggers.com. February 1, 2010. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- Preston Lead Pussycat Doll Jamie Preston
- Zelniker Haley Zelniker
- "Alicia Vela-Bailey (Alicia) op Myspace". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "MySpace.com". Viewmorepics.myspace.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "MySpaceTV Videos: Las Vegas Pussycat Dolls Hosts E! Special by Ultimate Dolls-PCDWeb.net-Girlicious.nu". Vids.myspace.com. 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- Vegas Dolls
- "MySpace". Viewmorepics.myspace.com. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- [dead link]
- Laurel Picture
- Ruiz as a Vegas PCD
- Review Members
- "UltimateDolls.net formerly PCDweb.net op Myspace". Viewmorepics.myspace.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- The Review Girls
- Molly's pictures
- Review Poster
- "Twitter / Robin Antin: RT @Official_Jersey: PCD F". Twitter.com. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Antin's Twitpics
- ""Pussycat Dolls founder’s Matt Goss, Dirty Virgins ready for Palms " by Robin Leach: Luxe Life". Vegas Deluxe. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Official Site". Paradiso Girls. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "iTunes - Music - Patron Tequila (feat. Lil Jon and Eve) - Single by Paradiso Girls". Itunes.apple.com. 2009-05-12. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "'Pussycat Dolls Present' Creator Launches Lingerie Collection". Buddytv.com. 2008-09-06. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "La Senza Bras - Pussycat Dolls - Women's Bras - Pussycat Dolls at". Lasenza.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- [dead link]