|Alma mater||Wellesley College
MIT Sloan School of Management
Harvard Graduate School of Design
|Known for||Co-founding Zipcar|
Robin Chase is the founder and CEO of Buzzcar, a peer-to-peer car sharing service. She is co-founder and former CEO of Zipcar, an innovative car sharing service. She also started GoLoco.org, a venture combining online carpooling and social networking. She is also founder of Meadow Networks, a transportation consulting firm, and maintains a blog Network Musings on the topics of climate change, transportation, and wireless networks.
Early life 
Chase is currently a Board member for the World Resources Institute, a member of the World Economic Forum's Transportation Council, and a member of the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
She has served on on the US Department of Transportation Intelligent Transportation Systems Program Advisory Committee, the Boston Mayor's Wireless Task Force, and Governor Deval Patrick's Transportation Transition Team. She has appeared in national media such as the Today Show, The New York Times, National Public Radio, Wired, Newsweek and Time magazines, and has been mentioned in several books on entrepreneurship.
Chase is a proponent for the creation of a mesh network so that end-user devices can create a shared wireless network. She is a proponent of expanding internet access, and participated in the InternetforEveryone kick-off event.
Chase and her husband Roy Russell live in Paris, France. Roy is the Technical Director of Buzzcar and was Zipcar's founding CTO for 6.5 years.
Chase has won several awards. She was listed as one of Time's 100 Most Influential People in 2009, received the Massachusetts Governor's Award for Entrepreneurial Spirit, Start-up Woman of the Year, Business Week’s top 10 designers, Fast Company's Fast 50 Champions of Innovation, technology and innovation awards from Fortune, CIO, and InfoWorld magazines, and numerous environmental awards from national, state and local governments and organizations.
- "The MIT 150: 150 Ideas, Inventions, and Innovators that Helped Shape Our World". The Boston Globe. May 15, 2011. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- Harvard Gazette: Zipcar creator looks toward bigger challenges
- World Resources Institute Biosketch of Robin Chase. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Bloomberg President, Zipcar Founder Named Directors at World Resources Institute. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship members
- DOT ITS Advisory Committee members
- Boston Mayor's Wireless Task Force membership
- Craig Newmark (April 30, 2009). "The 2009 TIME 100: Robin Chase". Time Magazine. Retrieved May 30, 2010.
- Wired interview by David Weinberger
- Visionaries: Zipcar Founder Sees Success In Sharing
- TED Talks: Robin Chase on Zipcar and her next big idea at TED in 2007
- Internet for Everyone Kickoff
- Profile from Technology Review
- Share a car; save the world
- Chasing away urban congestion
- On the go with a Transportation Entrepreneur
- The future of the car
- Zipcar Founder Tells How GoLoco Will Make Carpooling Hip, Too
- Robin Chase